Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if you guys in the US have suffered the same shortage of rear huggers for the S4R as the guys in the UK but just had news tonight that the first batch of c/f S4R rear huggers will be ready at the end of the week so hopeully we'll have about a dozen in stock by Weds/Thurs next week.

Not sure on exact cost yet but should be in line with other monsters.

As soon as they are in I'll send an email via the Spareshack subscribers list and I'll put a note on this site.

Cheers
Stuart
www.spareshack.com

·
Registered
133 Posts
I`m pretty sure but not 100% that`s the one on Ducati`s S4R ``show`` bike that was at the NEC show UK in a glass box,it also had some natty Carbon fibre shrouds to hide the cat, as well as everything possible to bolt on the bike from DP parts!!-probably worth about $50,000!!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
I've now had to increase our order for these huggers upto nearly 50 just to cover back orders but as yet I've no photo's of them on a bike. As soon as they're in I'll post one on for all to see.

Stuart
www.spareshack.com

·
Registered
413 Posts
I'd like one as well--- whats the pricing shipped to Colorado ?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I see the hugger is now listed on the spareshack page I wish i could get a better view to see how it is mounted and what all it exactly covers

also anyone hear what the price in US dollars is?
anyone ordered/received it yet?

matt

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
I got an e mail yesterday from Stuart. I ordered it today. I Will take pictures and give a full report when it comes in.....Dennis

·
Registered
413 Posts
I got an e mail yesterday from Stuart. I ordered it today. I Will take pictures and give a full report when it comes in.....Dennis
Yep--same here, I ordered it today--and a couple of other things as well :eek:, so much for the budget !

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
No Kidding,
My wife will freak when she sees I put on the CC. I usually use my check card, but I am going on the road to shoot this weekend and did not want to leave myself short. But more importantly I did not want to miss this first batch.

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, I ordered one of the carbon huggers today and I had a question for those of you that already have one on the way. Has anyone giving you a delivery time or date? Also, what can I expect on fitment or application? Drilling or otherwise.

Thank You in Advance.

Literleaner

G

·
Discussion Starter #18
I have just receieved a fax from Stuart at Spareshack and it looks as if the entire thing mounts by using the 3 bolts around the read swingarm that holds the brake lines.

Simple and easy I hope:D

If anyone wants the fax directions I can retype them in.....

Liter

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have just receieved a fax from Stuart at Spareshack and it looks as if the entire thing mounts by using the 3 bolts around the read swingarm that holds the brake lines.

Simple and easy I hope:D

If anyone wants the fax directions I can retype them in.....

Liter
Please do Liter...thanks !

G

·
Discussion Starter #20
Copied DIRECTLY FROM FAX:

Remove allen bolts and plastic brake line, speedo drive retaining clips. Offer up lower piece off hugger from exhaust side looping brake line and drive cables either side of fixing brackets. Put top section of hugger over the lower and using original allen bolts without plastic clips bolt into original 3 fixing holes.

Ok, there it is...All I ask is that when you guys get yours, I wanna know how long it took cause I want mine NOW!!!:D

Liter

1 - 20 of 21 Posts