Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was in the local shop today as they received 2 full arrow systems for the S4R in titanium

was wondering if anyone knows if it is made/available in carbon fiber?

The exhaust is EU compliant but the baffles are supposedly removeable

any help or clues appreciated

matt

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got a full Arrow carbon system for my S4R. Drove 100 miles round trip tonight to pick it up and then installed until 11pm - just got back from a late nite ride. They look awesome - so much better than the pictures look.

They are SICK loud. I dont know if I have just been used to riding stock for awhile, but they sound incredible. Also, the bike was running a bit rich before, and seems to run fine without the PowerCommander. I only went for a short ride, but it seemed fine without?

Another thing, I saw both the Tit and Carbon and the cans on the Tit have some type of obstruction inside that looks like it really restricts airflow? I dont what this was all about, but I would see them before ordering if I were you.

Was going to wait for the Sil Motor system, but now I'm glad that I didnt as the Sil's I feel would look strange due to their length.

Hope this helps.

Jason

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got a full Arrow carbon system for my S4R. Drove 100 miles round trip tonight to pick it up and then installed until 11pm - just got back from a late nite ride. They look awesome - so much better than the pictures look.

Jason
Jason

what shop did you get the carbon system from? cost? I was told that "item" inside was a baffle to make them legal in europe and it should be removeable

im in san diego

thanks
matt

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got them at Spectrum motorsports in Irvine. Talk to a guy named Rob at the parts desk - he's really cool and knows Ducati pretty well.

Retail $1249 Paid $1199 (Not much play as they were the 1st set).

Rode some more tonight. The Arrows continue to please, but the bike is running just a smidge lean in the mid-rpms. Some very minor popping on the decel, but nothing serious. Found the sound rating at the Arrow site for the full system at 105db, Stock was 95 and Arrow slip ons were 98.

To soon to tell of any performance changes, I havent been out of town on the bike since and I'm afraid my formulas are a bit questionable at present.

Neeto exhaust = loud thundering sound & thundering sound = faster bike therefore Neeto exhaust must = better performance.

I'm in San Diego as well. If you like we can meet over the weekend and you can check out the Arrows?

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Isn't stock on all U.S. imported bikes 85db or lower?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got them at Spectrum motorsports in Irvine. Talk to a guy named Rob at the parts desk - he's really cool and knows Ducati pretty well.

Retail $1249 Paid $1199 (Not much play as they were the 1st set).

I'm in San Diego as well. If you like we can meet over the weekend and you can check out the Arrows?
did you remove the baffles>?

how bout meetin at gpmc about 9a?

matt

·
Registered
95 Posts
Can you post a picture of your system. I am interested where the crossover pipe is, I cant see it in the pictures at arrow. The cones you mentioned may be for back pressure since the cans have such a large opening at the end. A little back pressure goes a long way for mid-range torque.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
My system will be here on the 10th. I am dying to install it. My neighbors have 2 young children, if they cry when I fire it up, I'll know its loud enough.

G

·
My system will be here on the 10th. I am dying to install it. My neighbors have 2 young children, if they cry when I fire it up, I'll know its loud enough.

my next door neighbors have two kids, 4 (boy) and 3 (girl) i think.
The boy loves the monster, when i'm cranking it up to ride and he is outside he makes vroom vroom noises and runs around the yard acting like he is riding. The girl loves the chrome headlight. I see two future hooligans in the making.

My only child, a tabby cat, runs and hides when I crank it up but what does he know? He is just as freightened of the vaccuum.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Jeff, I did get the carbons. Most aftermarket cans have no restrictors, just fiberglass packing. The full systems are rated at 105db, slip ons 98db. We'll see..... My track has a 104db rule, I'll have to see how close it is.

G

·
Gentlemen...Hooligans...Fellow S4R Owners, lend me your photos........!!!!

Alright, who's going to have the best one. Let's see the PHOTOS!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Arrow owners....

Is the full system a true full system from the heads back. The pictures look as if they still retain the small portion of the stock pipe coming off the heads......is this correct?

Any info would be helpful to me.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
I just got mine in. It is from the header pipes back. They slip on to pipes that bolt to the head. I have my project for tomorrow night already planned.....

·
Registered
95 Posts
BPT,

Did you get your system installed yet? How is the fit and finish? Ferracci just received their full systems(Sil made)

Can you post any picture?

Jeff

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i was just notified that the full arrow system in carbon fiber arrived at the local ducati shop for me Now if the all black S4R would hurry up and arrive It will be a grand xmas here in san diego.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts