Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing the full kit as we speak. Everything went well and it is all mated up, except for where the primary collecor mates up to the 2:1 header. It seems as though it is about 1/4" too short, not allowing for a tight seal (pushing up into the header).

I tried playing with bolts and moving it as far forward as possible but I still cannot get it to mate. Can someone help me with this? Have you experienced this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
838 Posts
I have no idea of what you are going thru. But I did bottom out the cat on my S4R and know it loose from my 2to 1 front header. It was a pain to get back in. I ended up removing it from the cylinder and attaching it to the pipe then bolting it back in for it to seal correctly. I had to do this to seat the seal correctly. Do you use the seal from teh stock exhaust with the new one? Its a donut that fits around the inner pipe so it fits tighter into the header. I guess its used instaed of a clamp.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine went on without a hitch. The only problem can when we mounted the cans up and had to use a rubber mallet with wood. Everything else went together like it was full factory.

I wish you good luck!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
mine goes on and off pretty easily .... don't recall any
issue with loose connections. just the opposite
actually. all the binders need to be loose before anything
will come off.

and i never have wood when i'm working
on the bike.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, after playing with it for a while I was able to get it to seal a little better. However, their is a slight leak and some air is being spit out.

The only thing that I see that I might not have done correctly was use the stock donut seal thingy bobber that you speak of....this might eliminate the slop and give it the seal that I am looking for.

Leak or no leak, the exhaust sounds friggin good! I'll let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ah-come to think of it my rear `donut` seal had been misplaced in the zorst from new-it was all shapes,still sealed OK though once I straightened it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts