Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the guys at work fabricated two baffles to fit in my Arrow carbon cans. He used 1 7/8 stainless pipe and made his own design for the baffles inside. It just needs one set screw to hold each one in.

Initial sound is good. It kept the deep exhaust note but got rid of the raspy part. I don't have a dB meter but I don't need the earplugs now.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Hi BPT, how are the baffles? how many restrictors as shown are in each baffle and where is the retaining screw located?
I have ordered a TIT Arrow System but who knows wether it will have baffles or not. thanks Guy

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Titanium Arrows are supposed to come with a removable piece that makes them street legal in Europe. There is some snap ring arangement to remove them.

There is a total of 4 pieces in the baffle my buddy made. 2 half moon pieces staggered and opposite each other. One triangular and the funky cone thing. I had not drilled or painted them in the photos yet. I will drill one screw through the baffle into the endcone. It will screw in from the inside of the pipe making it less noticable.

G

·
Please keep us updated on this mod. I want to know if they retain too much heat for the carbon to withstand. I would also be curious about dyno results. Quite a nice job though on the workmanship.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good point, I did not think about the heat build up. The stainless is definitely going to be hot. You would think the carbon could stand it but you never know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts