Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my s4r yesterday ..it is simply phenominal...no emoticon available that can describe how pleased I am with the bike. The test ride I took at the dealers didnt do it justice.
Anyways, I got an accessoriy catalog for the S4/S4R, and it did have some S4R specific carbon fiber exhaust setups, they come with new air filter,cans and a new ecu. Is anyone familiar with these ? I did end up ordering one so I could get 10% off at time of sale (so please dont tell me the're crap :) ). Anybody else order one ?

Dan

G

·
aside from the ducati performance option, motowheels.com and motostrano.com both have systems listed for the s4r. motowheels has a sil motor full system (get's rid of the cowbelly under your swingarm) which looks excellent. beautiful welds on the headers and the cans look sharp. no price listed, but i'm sure martin can chime in on this.
motostrano's also got that sil motor system listed (with a price as well). they also offer the option of slip-ons but the full system WILL give more power. they've also got a full arrow system listed. i think the arrow cans look cooler than the sil motor systems' but the arrow headers look kinda blah compared to the sil.

links in this other thread under "accessories and mods":
http://www.ducatimonster.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=parts;action=display;num=1066717033

G

·
the exhaust tips you mean? i don't see why not. but if you want the shape of the ends of the muffler bodies to be slash-cut, then the exhaust tips won't fit in 'em properly.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I picked up my s4r yesterday ..it is simply phenominal...no emoticon available that can describe how pleased I am with the bike. The test ride I took at the dealers didnt do it justice.
Anyways, I got an accessoriy catalog for the S4/S4R, and it did have some S4R specific carbon fiber

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Havent recieved them yet---Thery're carbon fiber slipons, they come with an air filter and a new ECU--- I'll let you know when I get them !
Dan

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
did you get the side by side high mounts or stay with the shotgun? I contacted Ducati and couldn't get an answer as to whether the cow belly was eliminated. They do make the high mounts with the stubby cans, which I like. A pic can be found on page 11 of the handlebar, ect portion of the online catalogue. They look great, but it looks like a tail mod was done to accomodate 'em. I'm making myself wait till the PCIII for the S4R is avail and there's a few more high mount options out there. It appears that Ducati has the S4R aftermarket cornered for now.
I first ordered the side by side, but by the next day, I decided I liked the stock arrangement so I changed my order--It does not get rid of the cow belly--- I stuck with the Duc cans since they provided the mapping via the new ECU--the cow belly doesn't bother me that much. How arre Arrow systems ? I know someone quite knowledgable who hates them.
If any shops in your area have a Dynojet, you can get them to map the PCIII for you for whatever system you have--you can then upload it to the Dynojet site--Last time I checked there were no maps for S4R's.
PCIIIs are great--I have one on my 919.

G

·
did you get the side by side high mounts or stay with the shotgun? I contacted Ducati and couldn't get an answer as to whether the cow belly was eliminated. They do make the high mounts with the stubby cans, which I like. A pic can be found on page 11 of the handlebar, ect portion of the online catalogue. They look great, but it looks like a tail mod was done to accomodate 'em. I'm making myself wait till the PCIII for the S4R is avail and there's a few more high mount options out there. It appears that Ducati has the S4R aftermarket cornered for now.
108, Do you have a part number for the S4R SIDE BY SIDE pipe. I am all for getting rid of the shot gun.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
for some reason the '04 catalogue link is dead on the ducati site..can't find the part number.
I'll try to remember to look it up in the S4R accessory catalog when I get home tonight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts