Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What, exactly, should I expect my service to include?

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Make sure you get a checklist from you dealer. They should have one. And get a quote on the labor (hours) too, so you don't get screwed. Let us know how it goes. I have about 450 more miles to go 'till mine.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
huh...that's $250 worth? Crazy!

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
My buds 600 miler service was $600. They are supposed to check valves and change oil check chain cables blah blah blah.

M

·
0 Posts
Isn't the 600 mile service free with the vouchers that go along with a new bike purchase, or has Ducati discontinued them? I got free services for both 600 and 6000 mile services when I bought my 620 and my roommate got the same when he bought his S4. Both were bought last year.

U

·
0 Posts
Just picked up my 800 from 600 mile service today - $322. No "vouchers" were offered when I bought it, although I could have purchased a prepaid service contract for about $2K. :-/

L

·
0 Posts
The vouchers ended sometime in Oct of last year and the deal was replaced by a 0% financing offer.....

I would have liked the vouchers personally :-/

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got the bike back home...here's the scoop:

They do have a checklist, which didn't include valves (that I can remember). It had oil change, tighten bolts, chain lub/adjust, and a bunch of other nicknacks (fluid levels, etc). The entire service was $280. One other thing to note...It felt like the rear tire was sliding a little bit on some of the corners. When I got home the chain lube was all over the swingarm and on one little patch of the tire.

Be careful out there

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well...something interesting...as I mentioned before, I removed my emissions canister before my servicing and plugged the throttle bodies with vacuum plugs.

This morning, I checked the bike before my ride, and low-and-behold, the vacuum plugs are gone! The mechanic replaced them with a hose connecting the throttle bodies to each other. I've asked the question around and no one seems to have a good guess why this was done...

thoughts?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well...something interesting...as I mentioned before, I removed my emissions canister before my servicing and plugged the throttle bodies with vacuum plugs.

This morning, I checked the bike before my ride, and low-and-behold, the vacuum plugs are gone!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
got word from my mechanic today. He said the vacuum plugs were torn, so the quick fix was to connect the throttle bodies. He also said there was no performance difference in this set up versus plugs or stock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts