Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a problem removing my swingarm pivot bolt from my bike. I have removed everything off the swingarm including the 2 clips on each end of the swingarm pivot rod, as well as the secondary bolts at eac end of the swingarm. I tried whacking each end of the pivot bolt with both a rubber and iron hammer but it won't budge. The swingarm even moves up and down with the swingarm.

How thet hell do you remove this thing?

R.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
I use a large brass drift on the end of the shaft. You dont want to whack it too hard with just a metal hammer, you run the risk of deforming the end of the shaft.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ducman851 said:
I use a large brass drift on the end of the shaft. You dont want to whack it too hard with just a metal hammer, you run the risk of deforming the end of the shaft.
Cool. I'll pick a set up tonight. Thanks. I was using a block of wood as back up but it obviously didn't work.

R.

·
Registered
517 Posts
i think my bike has the same aluminum swinger that yours does. it was a pain to get those bolts out, but they came out when i did this:

loosen, but leave the flanged nut on the bolt... unscrew it enough to give the bolt room to move when you whack it. use an extension (3" should be enough) and the socket that fits the nut (like a drift, but it wont slide off the end of the bolt). whack the end of the extension a few times with a metal hammer to shock it loose. that should do it.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agve up. Even after I received my brass dritf, I sitll couldn't loosen it. I'm putting the rear end back on!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts