Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got my high mount Sil exhaust for hte mosnter last night.

First off, let me tell you coding on the side of the box was stupid. We had to open 5 Sil Exhaust boxes to find the high mount oval !! lol

When I got home, I took off my old exhaust. Np

Then I started trying to slip in the L bend shape pipe. It was a BIATCH. The screw holes just do not line up. Not to mention, no directions. Then I had to figure out how these clamps hooked on hte rear end of hte frame to support the exhaust. I still have a extra license plate mounting looking plate that is not used. I have no idea where that is used.

The quality of the welds is kinda crap. I'm used to a Ti Graves Exhaust for my R6. So much better quality and instrucations. The metal itself on any part was not deburred, and had sharp edges and burrs all over. Had to file everything down first.

Finally got it mounted up. My impressions comapred to a Remus low mount, the Remus was deeper in sound and a little louder. Over all, its just looks. No performance gain or loss. Just 4-5 hours mounting a slip on !!! lol

Anyone know if hte termi carbon fiber heel guards will fit on this system ?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Hmmm. I mounted my Sils (including deburring and cutting off useless brackets) in less than an hour ...
Dion

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey, what was the bracket that looks like the L shape for...kinda looks like a license plate bracket, or one to hold the turn signals. Got any pics ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts