1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
551 Posts
Wow- that makes me sad. I know the aftermarket parts don't "add" value to a bike - but still there has got to be a little premium payed for them - especially on what would be considered a brand spanking new bike.

I would like to think he could have got more for it at the beginning of the summer than now though - but you can only hope. Maybe the battery leaked on everything and the right side of the tank is dented it - oh and maybe it is actually a buell. Who knows - but somebody got a nice bike.

·
Registered
735 Posts
The used bike market sucks now for the seller but it is a buyers delight. I traded my Harley last spring for my S4 and ended up money ahead. I wished I would have gotten more out of the HD but what can you do when you fall in love w/ a new bike?

There is no way I would let my S4 go for $8700 but on the other hand, I don't need the cash. Desperate folks will make desperate deals when it is need vs want.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
That's a steal! I'm suprised he set his reserve that low. I got my S4 for $7k but it has a salvage title and the tank has some small hits on it. Too bad he didn't pull the Termi's off and sell them seperate.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Do you think it might have something to do with the Rolex Riders who buy the bike for looks, get it modified and then learn to ride? After 3-6 months they realize they aren't made for the cycle world and then need to dump the bike. Maybe the ride to the club did not go as planned. If you are going to stop riding the whole bike is a loss so what is a few grand one way or the other.

From the buyer side, if you have the $$ and can buy new, why buy used unless you get the deal. Modifications are personal to the rider so I can't imagine they ever add that much to the value.

A definite danger /benefit for the fashionable bikes.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
This price may have been due to location. The price was a steal. Full Termi system, CF parts and Corbin saddle? 225 miles? This guy needed money badly.

Ducs around here are like real estate: takes about 90 days to move.

Regards,
Rideon

G

·
holy sh1t ???
i bought my 2002 s4 in june with 150 miles (DEMO) I think it was 11,900 or some such number. [smiley=cry.gif] [smiley=cry.gif] [smiley=cry.gif] [smiley=cry.gif]

·
Registered
132 Posts
Why in the hell would someone put that much money in aftermarket parts to only ride it 225 miles.

I rode that much the first weekend.

Very strange

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So basically, what you all are telling me is that my dream of finding another one at this price is like hitting the lottery? I shouda bid, but my first thought was something

·
Registered
403 Posts
I paid $10,800 for mine about 2 months ago OTD.
Brand new 2002 with .2

·
Registered
385 Posts
It looks like I got a REALLY GOOD deal for my S4 Foggy: $10200 cash. (2000 miles)

I just saw one on Cycletrader.com for $15k in Houston and another in Iowa for $13500 private party.

If you can be patient and do your homework, you will find an unusual deal. You have to be ready to move on it when it appears though.

Rob

·
Registered
294 Posts
I picked my 02 S4 for 8000 about 4 months ago. It only had 24 miles on it. I got the S4 off a 64 yr old guy who drove it home from the dealer dropped it(very minor scratches on the can and bar end). Apparantly he had a heart condition and his doc told him to quit riding and he sold the bike. It was in the Baltimore Sun for 2 weeks before i picked it up. I couldnt believe it was still there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts