Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was directed by someone from the tech page to contact you guys.I need help finding someone close to W.Mass just north of Springfiield that can help repair this frame. My insurance company totaled the bike because the adjuster said I needed a whole frame without even pulling off the seat and looking at it. I got a little over 7K back from the insurance company and was able to purchase the bike back for $1800.00 (what a bargain).If anyone out there knows of someone that is good at this stuff and can help me out would be great.If the frame cannot be repaired my next option is to cut it just in front of rear passenger grips and try to recreate the modification like Joe Tessitore did on his S4. Thanks for any input.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
I would bet that Doug Cook could fix that...no sweat. I THINK he is still at BCM. You could try calling him. Here is the link to his web site...

http://www.arcfabrication.com/

Good luck...

Dave

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I'd contact Doug at ARCFab is he hasn't scooted town yet. It's Laconia so not exactly close though.

Worse comes to worst, Doug'll saw the back off and make you a Ti subframe ;D

Phone BCM and ask them if Doug's still around.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I contacted Peter Kates at G.M.D. Computrack Boston. He told me that he would have no problem fixing the frame and he estimated the cost of repair to no more than $150. I have emailed all the top end autobody shops in my area but I think I will truck the bike 90 miles to south of Boston and let the professionals do it. Thanks again to ducpainter for the information.I would love to take it up to Laconia to see Doug Cook but Computrack is 90 miles away.

·
Registered
298 Posts
CRASH! said:
I'd contact Doug at ARCFab is he hasn't scooted town yet. It's Laconia so not exactly close though.

Worse comes to worst, Doug'll saw the back off and make you a Ti subframe ;D

Phone BCM and ask them if Doug's still around.
Where is Doug going?

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Turbodude said:
Where is Doug going?
I don't recall exactly but it's North Carolina or somewhere there'bouts.

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
CRASH! said:
I don't recall exactly but it's North Carolina or somewhere there'bouts.
I think it's W Virginia, but it really depends on where he finds the right piece of property. He's tired of spending on heat. I really can't say I blame him.

He is still at BCM, for now anyway. If anyone needs to reach him they can call his cell 603-630-1495, or at his site www.arcfabrication.com

I did recommend Doug. I would recommend him for any repair of this nature. Computrack is just closer to the OP. I hope they hold to the price.

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
i3ui3man said:
I contacted Peter Kates at G.M.D. Computrack Boston. He told me that he would have no problem fixing the frame and he estimated the cost of repair to no more than $150.
ducpainter said:
Computrack is just closer to the OP. I hope they hold to the price.
Peter fixed a frame of mine. Quote was set up through my local shop at $500. It ended up being $750. Beware...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts