Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 s4 senna, open airbox, pc111 10k on the clock in good nick and just had a service

(Same question posted in UKmon site)

For the past 4 weeks on the odd occasion it cuts out, this has happened 3 times when in first gear normally when crawling along filltering at very low speeds so low rev range.

The end result is that I have to be patient and turn it off and on a number of times and then its fine. On friday it took 30 mins before she started again.

All the other electrics work fine, the clocks sweep etc, all lights and indi's are functioning, oil lights normal and neutral light all normal.

In turns of advice I really would like some suggestions before I am forced to go to a dealer, I am a novice with electrics so if you could make descriptions as easy to undertand as possible - I can look most things up - well try.

Any suggestions much appreciated as its worrying me it will cut out when I need power the most

thanks

James

·
Registered
80 Posts
id be interested in finding a solution for this too. My bike does the same thing...usually if im coming into a corner in 1st real slow around 3k rpms, the power goes from off and back to on like a lightswitch. only once in a while though. kinda scary having to wonder if its going to happen right before you commit to a corner

2005 S4R with 6800 miles. stock except for the silencers taken off. doing the 1st service at 7500 miles.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
sounds like you have a short in the spark coil area. seems like the wires going to the plugs are shorting causing power to go out and the ECU to restart/recycle. My S4R did that once while i was deep in a turn and just shut down. pulled up the tank and found a single hot wire grounded out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sounds like you have a short in the spark coil area. seems like the wires going to the plugs are shorting causing power to go out and the ECU to restart/recycle. My S4R did that once while i was deep in a turn and just shut down. pulled up the tank and found a single hot wire grounded out.
this seems to be the consensus from those on the ukmonster site as well. I don't know how to check or fix this but I have friends more able than myself.

thanks

James

1 - 4 of 4 Posts