Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

S4 Battery Leak Settlement

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  02s4monster 
#1 ·
Ok...so I have one of the infamous leaking GS batteries. I caught it early and have a damaged battery box and a damaged ignition/coil wire but minimal etching on the head. The bike is still warrantied for another month.

The Ducati dealer in Charlotte, NC persuaded our pals at Ducati NA to replace the battery, battery box, and wire plus give me a $250 store credit.

What do y'all think? Take it and run or bitch for more $'s?

Thanks!

#2 ·
How long would it take them to "fix" the head?? Is that what you want??

I think I would take it rather than be without the bike long term...

How many miles did you have on your bike? How long had you had the battery? I still have one of those in my bike, I am ready to pay for my own Yausa rather than have to deal with this!!!!

#3 ·
My bike only has 4000 miles on it. I'd highly recommend changing out the battery. I put in a Yuasa.

Although I'd like the head replaced where there is etching, Ducati won't come to the plate on it. The dealer said he's fixed about 10 of these and the support he can get out of Ducati is steadily diminishing. Since I have low miles and very little visible cosmetic damage, I'm leaning towards taking the money and running. Aside from springtime with no bike, I don't want the head pulled off on a virtually new bike.

Yuasa or GS, I'm putting in an acid resistant battery mat!

#4 ·
I guess I better pony up the dough... I can't get my dealer to give me a yausa free... I think I'll order one today!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.