Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there some way to buy a damper and mount it like the DP damper, on top of the triple clamp? Does anyone besides DP make a mount like that? Can you buy the mount alone and get a damper besides DP? (the local dealer says no).

The reason I ask is that I am not sure the DP damper actually "damps". They seem rather limp and I don't think they are adjustable.I would rather mount a scott's or matris. ( I think- waiting for input!)

thanks in advance,

Rideon

S

·
0 Posts
hey go to the twobros website. tehy have one. i was thinking baout buying that one.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Rideon,

Is your S4 getting wiggly, or is it just a preventitive strike?

I'm not looking to start a damper debate, but usually it means that something's maladjusted when a bike starts acting that way.

D

·
0 Posts
I was looking for a sterring damper too as YES I do find the front end very light on my S4. Okay so I'm comparing it to my buddies GSXR but it would be nice to feel a bit more secure when hitting the bums on the Hwy24 at anything over 90mph. But the DP damper is way to exspensive.

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Is there some way to buy a damper and mount it like the DP damper, on top of the triple clamp? Does anyone besides DP make a mount like that? Can you buy the mount alone and get a damper besides DP? (the local dealer says no).

The reason I ask is that I am not sure the DP damper actually "damps". They seem rather limp and I don't think they are adjustable.I would rather mount a scott's or matris. ( I think- waiting for input!)

thanks in advance,

Rideon
Rideon,

I'm not sure if you can buy the damper pieces separate, or not. I think if you were to ask Kasey to order as for a Foggy, it could be done. Also, Cycle Cat already makes a replacement arm, the fixed part, which you would need to work with your CC bars anyway, so perhaps you could get Alfred to loan the damper assembly off his S4 to Alex, and have Alex make a triple clamp bracket to fit an Ohlins body?$?

If it's any help, the Ducati Performance unit is made by Bitubo, so I suppose you could ask them for a "replacement" bracket, and maybe find a different damper body to fit. I do think the Two Bros unit looks very promising.

That said, my OEM Bitubo damper works great, and is very adjustable. "Limp"? Hardly ;D;

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
My bike feels pretty stable. How would I know if I need one of these? Why do you want a top mount, is that better than a side mount?
1) There have been quite a few incidents of tank slappers reported on this board.
2) Generally speaking side mounts don't fit on the S4 due to the radiator.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts