Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been riding around with the O2 sensor unplugged to see how the default map ran compared to the closed loop setup.

On my bike, I like the O2 hooked up better than unhooked. I know it's lean around 4- 5K with my Arrows & the stock airbox but it was lean stock too. I was hoping that unhooking the O2 sensor would make it a little richer everywhere. On my particular bike, it only seems richer @ idle & runs terrible when cold & even acts up when warm. Occasional stalling, poor throttle response, & uneven idle. What's strange is sometimes it's rock solid & other times it idles funny & dies. I did clear the memory before I unhooked it so I know that played no role.

I plugged it back in today so I'll see how it runs now & maybe as it relearns & builds the fuel tables it will work better around 4-5k than before because when I installed the Arrows I never cleared the ECU. Time will tell.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does it make a difference if you do it before or after? I wouldn't think so but I could be wrong ;) I did mine before & after just to make sure [thumbsup]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts