Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my '07 S2R1000 used the owner was short and said he had the bike set up for him. Can someone tell me the factory setting for rear ride height. Either of these two will be okay, how many threads exposed on the adjuster or the "H" dimension as shown in the owners manual. Oddly the owners manual has factory setting for forks and shock but not ride height as it just pictures the "H" dimension.
thanks

·
Registered
635 Posts
I bought my '07 S2R1000 used the owner was short and said he had the bike set up for him. Can someone tell me the factory setting for rear ride height. Either of these two will be okay, how many threads exposed on the adjuster or the "H" dimension as shown in the owners manual. Oddly the owners manual has factory setting for forks and shock but not ride height as it just pictures the "H" dimension.
thanks
My recomendation will be to read, the following article, http://www.sportrider.com/suspension_settings/suspension/146_suggested_suspension_settings/index.html , and to then procede to adjust suspension sag both front and rear...
Hope it's helpfull...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is all great data but it doesn't address what the factory setting is for rear ride height which affects frame geometry. It also doesn't show any data for the S2R1000 for that matter. However thanks anyway.

If anyone has a S2R1000 that hasn't changed the rear ride height how many threads are showing on the strut to adjust it as shown in the owners manual. If you still have the rear fender you can measure the dimension shown as "H" in the owners manual, from the fender end to the ground-preferably with a fresh tire.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Was jus trying to help; called in a favor and a friend[5'9", 185lbs, no gear] with a S4R rode by my place after I posted. His top C-Nut[on top of rear shock] is 2.25" from the ends of the threads and to the top mounting bolt, 4.25", compression screw[weird set up he has], is 4.5 turns from full 'H'. His front/rear adjustments, are factory set, he hasn't touched a thing. Convinced him to get sag done next weekend. Mine, can only do rear sag adjustment and being adviced to lift the rear a little.

Yes, I know is not an S2R1K but, is as close as I can get to one. Hopefully this can help more than the previous post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts