Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What model or bend are the stock Margura handlebars on the S2R1000 ? Can they be ordered from another souce than Ducati?

·
Registered
100 Posts
What model or bend are the stock Margura handlebars on the S2R1000 ? Can they be ordered from another souce than Ducati?

And is ther a similar bend that is maybe an inch taller? I would rather have a taller bend than spacers in the mounts.

·
Registered
635 Posts
And is ther a similar bend that is maybe an inch taller? I would rather have a taller bend than spacers in the mounts.
Try Rizoma http://www.rizoma.com/Prodotti/ProdottiUniversal.cfm?ID_categoria=4&IDSez=1

...or Magura http://www.powersports.magura.com/productfinder/-c-5.html

...or http://www.renthal.com/File/product2.asp

Hope you guys find something to your liking or just visit any of our sponsors

Good luck

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I went with the Rizoma MA005 bars since they were the only ones I could find that were actually called out for the Ducati Monster. The bar shape is a lot different than the usual dirt bike bends and more suitable to street use. The overall length is about 28.5" on the Rizoma while the dirt style Maguras and Renthals are around 31.5". They can't be cut down much either and still fit all the hardware and mirrors. There must still be a special Ducati bend in the Magura X-Line bars, but I'm just going with the Rizomas and call it a day. Thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just went with silver. I like my stuff to work great and look simple and clean. Almost went with the black set but prefered the more stock look of the silver.

I picked up an almost new set of '08 S2R1000 forks and top clamp for my '07 Monster 695 on ebay recently. Wow, what a difference in handling and so simple to install. Just needed to drill the stock axle for the compression adjusters and reset the preload and damping.

I can't believe how Ducati can put such krappy damper assemblies in the non adjustable forks. The initial 2" no-damping zone of the non adjustable forks is now gone and I have all kinds of high speed stability and much better feel all around.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
I just went with silver. I like my stuff to work great and look simple and clean. Almost went with the black set but prefered the more stock look of the silver.

I picked up an almost new set of '08 S2R1000 forks and top clamp for my '07 Monster 695 on ebay recently. Wow, what a difference in handling and so simple to install. Just needed to drill the stock axle for the compression adjusters and reset the preload and damping.

I can't believe how Ducati can put such krappy damper assemblies in the non adjustable forks. The initial 2" no-damping zone of the non adjustable forks is now gone and I have all kinds of high speed stability and much better feel all around.
Where did you buy the bars from? I'm looking for s2r stock bars but in black.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I was hoping to find a stock size and then a bar or two on each side of stock depending if you wanted to go flatter or higher.

OK, I'm lazy!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's basically the kind of info I was looking for too. Searched all the forums and didn't come up with much more than general info. That's why I went with the Rizoma bar. It seemed the most suitable without trying a bunch of random bar bends. The stock bar from Ducati is $200ish which of course is the reason for looking at other options. I still have no answer to what model Magura the stock bar is. Maybe some day I'll drop in the dealer and read the info on the bar myself. Doesn't much matter now anyway. Rizoma is the bar I'm going with unless it just plain doesn't fit. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Follow Up Report on Rizoma MA005 handlebars for Ducati Monsters.

After installing the new Rizoma handlebars on the stock S2R1000 top clamp assembly it became apparent that the bend of these bars is quite a bit different than come standard on Monsters. The bars are slightly narrower than stock which is ok and the pull back or sweep is more which is ok too except that it causes the handlebar switches to hit the tank earlier at full lock.

The main difference in the bars that is a problem is the drop down at the ends in relation to the floor. The Rizomas are angled up 5-10 degrees in the normal position as opposed to a gentle drop down angle of 5-10 degrees or so on the stock Monster bars. To me, this is a really goofy postion and would cause an extremely uncomfortable bend at the wrists.

There is no way the stock height risers can be used with these bars and allow the bars to be rotated back far enough to get a decent drop down at the ends. I experimented with a number of bar riser spacers to get the bars rotated back and still clear the tank. At 3/4" extra height the bars could be rotated back and almost allow the drop down to be flat and clear the tank at full lock.

The standard 1-1/4" bar risers that are available would probably be the right height to allow the bars to be rotated back and give a comfortable drop down angle at the ends and clear the tank. Unfortunately, I do not need or want my bars any higher than stock. I will be either going back to my standard 7/8" bars and top clamp that came with the 695 or looking for the stock Magura 1-1/8" tapered bars to go with the S2R1000 top clamp that I also have.

If anyone is looking at the Rizoma MA005 handlebars as a stock replacement for their Magura tapered handlebars be aware that 1-1/4" bar risers are recommended to mount them in a reasonably comfortable position. So, I have some brand new mounted and unmounted silver Rizoma MA005S bars for sale or trade for stock S2R1000 handlebars. Anyone looking to raise their ride height and have a more reaward postion to their bars, I can recommend these Rizomas along with some 1-1/4" risers.

If anyone wants to trade a NEW condition stock S2R1000 handlebarbar for these new silver Rizomas, let me know. I would even consider paying for bar risers as well if your stock bars are in perfect condition. Otherwise, these bars will go on a shelf or ebay.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
I am also curious as to which of magura x-line bars is the oem bar. Anyone ever find out?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts