Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my fork springs yesterday. I didn't measure how high up the forks were before removing them since the FSM provides a measurement to use for reinstalling them. However, I think it must be a typo because it states the top of the fork tube should be about 296mm from the bottom of the lower triple clamp. It's not even possible to raise them that high up because they would hit the handlebars. I ended up mounting them so the stop of the tube is about 12mm above the top of the upper triple which looks about the same as before. The bike rides fine and doesn't feel like it wants to understeer through corners so it's probably fine but I'm curious as to where they "should" be mounted. I've been looking at stock photos of the S2R and some show the forks raised up a little bit similar to mine but others show them flush with the triple too...

·
Registered
867 Posts
That’s a typo. The procedure is in the work shop manual. Dropping the front end a little as yours is will sharpen the handling . Remember the new fork springs changed your sag measurement so that must be re- done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts