Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents - Went to the dealer and pickup up an oil filter however the part number is slightly different than the one I removed.

444.4.003.4A NEW

444.4.003.2A original

can anyone confirm?

Thanks!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: S2R1000 - Correct part number for Oil filter?

...........Ducati idiosyncrasy that I suppose supports one of the charms of ownership.

Apparently, the oil filter that is installed on this engine at the factory is a Ducati part number 444.4.003.2A. But I'm told that the 2A is only installed as original equipment and is not available for purchase at a Ducati dealership; instead, the 444.4.003.4A is the correct replacement.
from
http://www.webbikeworld.com/ducati-motorcycles/gt-1000/oil-change/

Go figure......

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Same filter ,new number

You can also use the K&N KN-153 <---- my personal choice

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Same filter ,new number
Thanks... respectfully I beg to differ - technically it is physically different [cheeky] the external dimensons are different...read the article....it's quite interesting....for some reason the engines are shipped with the 2A.....however 444.4.003.4A is the correct replacement....

Thenks for the K&N PN...I investigate those also...!

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Well you can use whatever you wish. I only have to keep one filter in the cabinet to service all Ducs from 1990 (maybe later) to current. Thats the KN-153

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
AFAIK, that KN 153 will fit all Duc motors that have cambelts.

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
44440034A has been the spare parts oil filter for quite a few years. don't recall the old number now. the number on the filter itself is whatever it is. like lots of cam belts have different (valid number) numbers on them to the actual part number.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.