Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping someone had some personal experience with some rearsets that can adjust LOWER than the stock location. I know the Cyclecat units could, but these are now unobtainium, as the Rizomas appear to be, too.
Several knee injuries have resulted in a knee replacement, and I need just a little more room now on the bike.
I know the Sato sets can’t. I don’t think the Ducabike units can either but I’m not positive. I’ve heard both ways on the CNC Racing units.
If anyone has any definitive info it would really be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
3,593 Posts
Aella makes foot pegs that can lower your foot without changing the rearsets. Maybe save you a little money as well.

https://japan.webike.net/products/9733099.html

I was hoping their rearsets would be able to drop as well, but they don't.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply!
I’ve tried these and the position is better but they kick your boot out almost an inch, so shifting and braking becomes a cockeyed endeavor. I removed them after a couple of rides and went back to the cramped position. Adjustable rearsets keep the brake and shift levers in the same plane as the pegs, which is of course ideal.
So if anyone is wondering, no: I in no way recommend the adjustable pegs. At least for this bike.

·
Registered
109 Posts
This might be the ticket for you and it's cheaper than aftermarket rear sets: https://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/ducati-monster-s-models/241769-s2r-ergonomics.html

I started collecting all of the parts to do it but then designed against it as I picked up adjustable pegs in the meantime and they worked well enough for me. If you decide to go that route, I should have everything you need but the Multistrada brake and shift levers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, but I have the CNC Racing rearsets on the way. They apparently can go 50-60mm lower than stock, which should be enough for me. Also, I think they’re just about the best looking ones out there, so that was an added bonus. AFWIW, I spent $50.00 less than the OP did on that conversion.
The Multi setup does look more comfortable, though.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Please give a report after you've installed them and gone for a ride!
Thanks, but I have the CNC Racing rearsets on the way. They apparently can go 50-60mm lower than stock, which should be enough for me. Also, I think they’re just about the best looking ones out there, so that was an added bonus. AFWIW, I spent $50.00 less than the OP did on that conversion.
The Multi setup does look more comfortable, though.
Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will. Might not be soon, our New England winters are somewhat brutal at times. If I get them installed and we can manage a dry day in the upper 30’s I might try to brave it...

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was hoping someone had some personal experience with some rearsets that can adjust LOWER than the stock location. I know the Cyclecat units could, but these are now unobtainium, as the Rizomas appear to be, too.
Several knee injuries have resulted in a knee replacement, and I need just a little more room now on the bike.
I know the Sato sets can’t. I don’t think the Ducabike units can either but I’m not positive. I’ve heard both ways on the CNC Racing units.
If anyone has any definitive info it would really be appreciated.
If you can afford it buy the Ducabike ones with either folding or fixed footpag, get those. You can adjust footpeg. I have them on by bike. motowheels has them the cheapest if you are a VIP member

·
Registered
352 Posts
Rizomas go a lot lower than stock

1 - 13 of 13 Posts