Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been posted but i can't find it.
I am trying to upgrade my forks on my S2R 800. what size do they need to be? Diameter upper and lower triple? Can i buy Gxr fork legs and keep my triples? I am trying to do the simplest / cheapest swap for some adjustable forks. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks,
RB

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
You can also look in the FAQ section. This seems to be the deal : SBK have 53mm upper and lower bore on the triples. Monsters have 50 upper and 54 lower. You will need to bore the upper triple to 53mm and use a 0.5mm shim on the lower. Also make sure you get a fork with 65mm brake caliper spacing.
Don't forget Aprilia 1000 forks. They are the same Showas as the Duc SBK and they are black :eek:

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANKS, for all the help!
i am figuring this thing out. SBKs seem to be difficult to find on fleabay, and gxr forks are easier and cheaper.

Duc Duc, that is funny, since i found that same thread yesterday, and contacted terrapete for his dwg! [thumbsup]

·
Registered
48 Posts
You may have already found this out, but I'll post just in case. The simplest swap is to find some forks off of an "S" model Monster. They are direct swap adjustable Showas.

Loren

1 - 11 of 11 Posts