Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a S2R 800 and the lcd is really dim that i can’t read them when I ride. was looking at buying a replacement set of gauges but Im hoping to fix the ones I have. I tried making them darker and I have them on the maximum setting of 5. also the rubber buttons are shot and I’m trying to find a replacement set and can’t find them anywhere. Nothing for them on the Ducati parts catalogs I can find. Can anyone recommend a fix or where I can get replacement buttons for the gauge?

Sandro

·
Registered
261 Posts
maybe there is a 'brightness' setting, not sure on that model, but, if buttons are shot, may not be working.
Have a read of this post.
sorry, can't help with replacements.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. I’ve tried that already and they are full bright. Unfortunately really dim still. I can make them out at night but I can’t see anything during the day.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Unfortunately they are just showing their age and are obsolete. There are other options, but none that are easy.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Did a quick search for replacing back lighting on S2R 800. Seems they are LED and not easy to fix or replace.
Issue could even be a wire to/from cluster for lights etc. (follow the 'orange' brick road) no idea really.
So out of the blue....:sneaky: (excuse the pun!!). I stumbled across this place. replacement backlighting in any colour.
might pay to contact and see if they still operate. You do need to send to them, but at least you will know if the board is faulty or LED's working.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks I saw that in my research. The problem isn’t the back light but the black of the lcd. They are a light grey on both lcd’s. That’s why I’m thinking it’s not the lcd’s I’m going to bring them to a local speedometer shop and see what they say.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
The LCD screens push against the board. Sometimes if they get water in there they can not display like they are supposed to. See the lines at the bottom. That is where they contact the board.
Pics from my old S2R800 gauges when I swapped the backlight LED's and immobilizer LED.

As for LED's in case anyone is wondering..

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks I’ll definitely look into that. Maybe the connection isn’t strong enough.

The LCD screens push against the board. Sometimes if they get water in there they can not display like they are supposed to. See the lines at the bottom. That is where they contact the board.
Pics from my old S2R800 gauges when I swapped the backlight LED's and immobilizer LED.

As for LED's in case anyone is wondering..

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I gave the gauges a good look today and it looks like the lcd’s have a tape over it. Looks cracked. Probably going to open the gauges and see what the tape is

1 - 10 of 10 Posts