Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another point of view…

I am new to the Monster Board and I have been “catching-up” on old posts. I read the posting regarding the desire to file a class action suit on the performance of the S2R1000. I have an S2R1000/MY06, and I must admit, it does exhibit many of the symptoms described in the post. It hesitates and is jumpy between 2K-3K rpm, it can be hard to start on hot summer days and it has more “funny” noises than any bike I own. However, it is by far my favorite bike to ride. I have the following bikes as reference: 04 Honda Super Hawk (late), 84 Yamaha Venture; 74 Honda CB 750; 73 Suzuki GT550 and a 1947 Douglas T35 (scary). But, unlike the Hondas, it doesn’t stall, unlike the Suzuki, I don’t smell like an oil refinery after riding it, and as much as I love the Venture, it weighs 250lbs less and can take a corner. I laughed at some of the complaints about the S2R because they are some of the things I like about it. This is not meant to start a riot, but every machine I have or have had has some personality flaw. When I want to get from point A to point B without any knowledge of the experience, I take my 04 Acura TL, talk about boring!

SP I sold the Super Hawk because it stalled randomly in traffic, and Honda said that was normal.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I'm in the same boat -- every once and while I'll notice a surge. However, it compares nothing to the 1975 GL1000 I had, or the personality flaw of the 1986 Suzuki GT550 that caught fire while riding.

If you think your surge is bad at 2-3k, ride any of the new sport bikes with an inline 4. And honestly, when do you ever stay in 2-3k?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
dwright said:
Another point of view…

I am new to the Monster Board and I have been “catching-up” on old posts. I read the posting regarding the desire to file a class action suit on the performance of the S2R1000. I have an S2R1000/MY06, and I must admit, it does exhibit many of the symptoms described in the post. It hesitates and is jumpy between 2K-3K rpm, it can be hard to start on hot summer days and it has more “funny” noises than any bike I own. However, it is by far my favorite bike to ride. I have the following bikes as reference: 04 Honda Super Hawk (late), 84 Yamaha Venture; 74 Honda CB 750; 73 Suzuki GT550 and a 1947 Douglas T35 (scary). But, unlike the Hondas, it doesn’t stall, unlike the Suzuki, I don’t smell like an oil refinery after riding it, and as much as I love the Venture, it weighs 250lbs less and can take a corner. I laughed at some of the complaints about the S2R because they are some of the things I like about it. This is not meant to start a riot, but every machine I have or have had has some personality flaw. When I want to get from point A to point B without any knowledge of the experience, I take my 04 Acura TL, talk about boring!

SP I sold the Super Hawk because it stalled randomly in traffic, and Honda said that was normal.
Well said ;)

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
No comprende...

If you look at the (a) dyno graph of the 1000DS engine, you'll see the engine makes very little hp below 3500 rpm, so 'surging' is quite understandable..how can one sue Ducati for failure to provide something that doesn't exist? If a rider wants an engine that pulls at 2,000 rpm, he/she should look elsewhere...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts