Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i just bought a full CF arrow system form my 05 s2r 800. the mid pipe has a bolt hole, with no bolt shipped to me, where can i get one of these, is this for the O2 sensor on s4r?, also can someone give me simple step by set instructions on installation, or if anyone is in the cleveland area and would like to get their hands dirty id love the help

thanks
lee

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Where is the hole located? Near the rear tire? It could be an O2 sensor hole or the hole where you hook up the computer to tune the bike. If its the latter the local Duc shop would have it in stock. On an S2R1000 these are located close to the cylinders and the O2 sensor hole is near the rear tire where the udder would be.

hope this helps

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Lee,

The hole is for an exhaust gas analyzer. I would think the dealer has some extra bolts sitting around.

As for installing the full system, be patient and take your time. Leave yourself the better part of an afternoon. I think you'll find that taking that wart of a catalytic converter off is the hardest part. What ended up being a big help for me is that I slightly loosened the front header pipe. This enabled the mid-pipe to work easily into position so that it aligned properly with the exhaust cans. The rest was a gradual trial and error to fit the pipes together, line up the dog bone bracket, and then align the studs on the cans to their mounting bracket.

Once everything is together and you've had a chance to go for a ride, check to see that the all the bolts are firmly attached and then you're all set.

Enjoy!

Alan
yellow '05 S2R

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
pokey said:
The hole is for an exhaust gas analyzer. I would think the dealer has some extra bolts sitting around.

It uses the stock bolt from the stock exhaust. Remove it and put it in the Arrow header......

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Check your box that the exhaust shipped in. There should be small plastic bag with a brass plug
Mine was togeteher with all the other crap (installation instructions, springs etc)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts