Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone beefing up there 800's? Looking for some mod/tech input.
If you post up your info please include what mods you made to get it.

S2R 800 - Stock Horsepower/torque: 77hp @8250 rpm 53.5 lb-ft @ 6500 rpm

Looking for hp results with open air box, any full exhaust, and pcIII.
Anyone put the big bore kit in?

Awhile back I saw some post of dyno results of the s2r 800 with and with out a pcIII.
(no luck finding them again, I have searched s2r, 800, dyno, results, max horsepower, etc. etc..)

·
Registered
178 Posts

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Can't remember what I dyno'd stock, but after opening the airbox (not all the way, just venting it) PCIII with dyno tune and my custom short pipes, I did 73hp and 54 ft-lbs of tq to the rear wheel...

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NAKID said:
Can't remember what I dyno'd stock, but after opening the airbox (not all the way, just venting it) PCIII with dyno tune and my custom short pipes, I did 73hp and 54 ft-lbs of tq to the rear wheel...
thats interesting. With the work you did you lost hp and your tork stayed the same. Something just dont seem right with that. Hmm perhaps I am pissing in the wind.
well that would be about right to the wheel. ???
Interested in finding out more.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
LuNg said:
thats interesting. With the work you did you lost hp and your tork stayed the same. Something just dont seem right with that. Hmm perhaps I am pissing in the wind.
well that would be about right to the wheel. ???
Interested in finding out more.

No, I gained, those numbers are at the wheel, Ducati's number are at the crank. Estimate 10% loss from crank to wheel...

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
if you're going to talk rear wheel numbers generated on dynojets then ignore the ducati numbers. adding factors, etc, is just a waste of time.

i've done a fair bit of s2r stuff and some 800 - http://www.moto-one.com.au/performance/index.html#2v all the numbers are generated on the same dyno and using the same correction factor. how they compare to anyone else's numbers generated on different dynos i don't really know.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Like I said, I can't remember what it did stock, but it was on the same dyno about a week before the run I had posting the numbers I said. I will try and track down that dyno sheet.

It was a dynojet dynomometer setup for tuning with PCIII USB...

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
So I found this dyno print out from my s2r800. The prior owner had done a few things to it, power commander III, K&N airpods, QuatD exbox.

I wonder if there is much more that can come out of that 800 2v

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts