Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed a set of Lockhart Phillips 122-9870 signals ($19.95 retail) to replace the obese stock ones tonight.
Definately satisfied with the outcome. Had to mickey mouse it a bit - ran the new signal stem through the exisiting rubber fairing mount grommet to secure the lower mounting point of the faring, nut flush against grommet (no washer) but I believe it will be as reliable as the stock "flapper" mount. Faring conceals about 35-40% of the lens which is a plus IMO, and they're DOT signals.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Duc Duc Goose said:
I like tham a lot. Nice job. Did you do something in tha back too?
Nothing out back yet, only had the bike since last Sunday. Currently researching tail mod options.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I have the same set up and I like them a lot. This was an inexpensive mod that is a must if you chop the rear and remove the rear tail lights. Also as an extra tough, I painted the turnsignal/headlight bracket black. Look at the side of the bike in the day time. This bracket should come from the factory black.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Here is a picture of the bracket painted in black. It takes a little work to get it off to paint it, but nothing special. Notice that you can't really see the bracket. That is the point. I think it looks cleaner.

The Camaro is a 67 numbers matching RS SS 4 speed car with red interior. I will probably have it until I die.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the pic, definately cleaner look. I may paint the entire front subframe as well.

I have had a '69 SS since '89, it was Z cloned before I bought it, but it's a solid driver that is not depreciating!

Attachments

·
Registered
966 Posts
Those are the best kind, because you can do what you want to them. The number matching is good and bad. I like the fact that I have an original car, but I have thought about putting a crate zz4 or 502 motor in it...and I just can't bring myself to modifying the Camaro.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts