Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
What are the legal reasons the DML cannot host these files? I would be happy to pitch $2.50 euros for one and get it up for everyone else here. Let me/us know.

DS

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Im in! but i think 2.50 euros are $5. Either way... Its cheap and im in!

And even more so (if thats possible) if the DML can host it... [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
I'm reasonably sure this material is legally protected by Ducati. As such, no organization can reprint, or resell, without the express written consent of Ducati SpA, Ducati Motor Holdings, Ducati North America, or any other legal Ducati entity.

If DML were to post for publication, or sale, any of this material without this consent, the owners of this forum would be liable for criminal and civil penalties.

·
Banned
523 Posts
Redkite2 said:
Don't know if anyone's noticed but the S2R 1000 WM has appeared for download. There's a small download charge for hosting, but still a snip at 2.50 euros (1 dollar?).
http://www.duc.nu/manuals/
Downloaded the manual for the S4RS (as close to my 2007 S4R as I can get now). $3.23 US. Great info and easy download. 34MB file took about 3 minutes. Less than any Starbucks barista drink, and will keep me awake at night much longer! :)

·
Banned
523 Posts
J.P. said:
What? No U.S. version? We're the ones who got stuck w/ all the extra junk.
The version I got is the English/Italian...both languages on the same page, so it's not as bad as the four language owner's manuals. Full color pics unlike the older service manulas I've gotten for Ducatis. Again, for a bit over 3 bucks, it's a no-brainer.

The late model ones being sold on ebay for about $50 are reprints. If you have time and a printer, this pdf is a cheap alternative. I don't know about the rest of you, but a service manual to me isn't a coffee table book. Cheap printouts in a 3-ring binder are great in the garage where it's often used.

It's worth it if for no other reason than being able to see how complex some operations are; helping the decision about what to "trust" to the dealer and waht to tackle yourself. At least with the manual, there are detailed instructions on getting it back together if you can't make it work and have to go to the dealer. :)

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
i have it ;D s2r1k
just pay for it guys its worth it
stop being cheap

its 540 pages long
[thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
:D SHWAEEEET!

JUST downloaded the S2R1K manual Indexed, color pics and diagrams!! [clap]

$3.25 for the full shop manual. Um. Who's whining about this download cost again???? ::)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts