Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still looking for information on removing the udder from my S2R 1000. Does anyone have experience with replacing the header/catalytic converter with an aftermarket header? Does the bike run okay with this setup or will I suffer the surging problems that I read about? Right now my bike runs great with the stock exhaust system and I don't want to mess that up. I'm not looking for loud, just trying to eliminate ugly. Thanks!

·
Registered
59 Posts
yeah, I'm in the same boat. I really want to get rid of the udder by replacing it with the Spark midpipe on my s2r 1000. However, I'm concerned that I will start experiencing the surging that many others are. Right now, with no exhaust mods, my bike runs great (no surging).

Does anyone know- is there a place on the Spark midpipe for the s2r 1000 to plug in the O2 sensor?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I need something, thats for sure. I can't ride through farm towns.

The farmers keep trying to milk my bike

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Just go with the full system. It is worth it for the bike to not be drowned out when you get stuck at a light with a pack of Vespa's. (I also reccomend cutting open the airbox and throwing in a power commander.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PC doesn't make a unit for the S2R 1000 and I really don't need to drown out anything......I'll leave that for the Harley people.
Lukyduc, the dealer sells a header that retains the O2 sensor, maybe somebody knows about the Spark midpipe.
Does anybody have experience with replacing just the header? Does the bike run okay with this setup or is there a problem with surging? With or without the O2 sensor?

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
apexal said:
PC doesn't make a unit for the S2R 1000 and I really don't need to drown out anything......I'll leave that for the Harley people.
Lukyduc, the dealer sells a header that retains the O2 sensor, maybe somebody knows about the Spark midpipe.
Does anybody have experience with replacing just the header? Does the bike run okay with this setup or is there a problem with surging? With or without the O2 sensor?
I have the spark midpipe and silmotor slip ons and the bike runs as good when stock. Spark fitting is excellent, only 30 minutes the whole projekt, and now the sound is awesome..need to ride with the killers [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
lukyduc said:
yeah, I'm in the same boat. I really want to get rid of the udder by replacing it with the Spark midpipe on my s2r 1000. However, I'm concerned that I will start experiencing the surging that many others are. Right now, with no exhaust mods, my bike runs great (no surging).

Does anyone know- is there a place on the Spark midpipe for the s2r 1000 to plug in the O2 sensor?
I'm running the Spark headers on my S2R1K & they rock! They have a blended section undrneath the bike where there's a port for the O2 sensor & it fits pefectly. I've run them with both the stock cans & Arrow carbons & have had no surging or issues of any kind. You'll be very happy with these & if you leave the stock cans, you'll have a nice mellow rumble that sounds much better than stock but nowhere near as loud as Arrows.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks for the info. GusDuc. So many wants, so little money.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
lukyduc said:
Thanks for the info. GusDuc. So many wants, so little money.
Actually, you should be able to get the Sparks shipped to your door for less than $300. [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
BickS2R said:
(I also reccomend cutting open the airbox and throwing in a power commander.
This is an S2R-1K, dude, not that wet-behind-the-clutch 800. [laugh]
(Just kidding, no offense.) But cutting the airbox open will definitely require tuning that can't, at this time, be easily remedied as there is no PC-III available for the DS motors yet.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Okay, it looks like my best option is to install the Spark header or maybe the Spareshack header and use the stock cans. If I don't like this setup or have problems I can always get the Termi slip-on kit with ECU. Question: is the Spareshack header equal to the Spark header? Thanks, everybody!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.