Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just purchased an 07 Monster s2R 1k, runs great but stalls at coming to an idle from a high RPM and sometimes if idling for a while it will just die (never hesitates to start rite up though). Also, the throdlle when you goose it, seems like it wants to stall...but it has never totally stalled when doing that...it may just be all in my head since this is a new bike to me.
Im new to the Ducati family and don't know much, I just got rid of my Yamaha R6. Is anyone else having the same problem, if so; what is the remidy. The bike is also up to date on all it's survices, thanks in advance if anyone can help!

·
Registered
28 Posts
hrmmm

thats pretty much the story with mine. ive noticed that when i lay on the throttle at certain speeds, my bike makes a gurgling sound and limps forward. Other times, i have trouble holding on cuz it wants to GO. its very strange.

ive pushed it pretty hard on hot days in the past and its always gotten me home afterwards. Ive had my temp at 269 degrees before. Ive got about 7400 miles on it.

Is my stock exhaust making my liter bike sluggish? Am i not laying on the throttle in the power band? Is it just the way it is? i dont know...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey just purchased an 07 Monster s2R 1k, runs great but stalls at coming to an idle from a high RPM and sometimes if idling for a while it will just die (never hesitates to start rite up though). Also, the throdlle when you goose it, seems like it wants to stall...but it has never totally stalled when doing that...it may just be all in my head since this is a new bike to me.
Im new to the Ducati family and don't know much, I just got rid of my Yamaha R6. Is anyone else having the same problem, if so; what is the remidy. The bike is also up to date on all it's survices, thanks in advance if anyone can help!
What rpm is the bike idling at? i was having a similar problem with my S4R. i turned the idle up on it so it was revving around 1100 rpm's at idle. Problem gone. it used to die on me if i was taking off from a stop sign fast, or if the bike was sitting still idling.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The surging / stalling of the 07 - 08 S2R 1000s is a known issue. Search the posts. Mine had the same problem, the dealer worked on it for several weeks. The dealer said something about using a UK/Euro spec ECU instead of the US one. It doesn't stall anymore though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah huu.. My bike idles around 1,000RPM. I have to look into this issue a little more. Thanks for the info. I will use it and let you know how I make out. I am sure i will have more questions in the process.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was looking over my S2R today trying to defuse this stalling problem. I had another idea on what might be causing it. Let me what you think...
.. My bike has Rizoma aftermarket clutch springs. This setup is all exposed and. (I wash my bike more them I ride it.)…. I notice that if I let the bike sit for a couple of hours after I wash it. The clutch pads seam to get a rust build up. I think this because. When I give it that initial start up, after those few hours from the wash. The bike wants to move when I’m in gear and the clutch is in... I know this idea is a long shot. I am just trying to eliminate the small stuff before I get into the big things. By the way, Is this normal to happen after a wash?.... Thanks!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I was told by DNA that its a fuel pump issue....
New pump and tank ordered...more to come

oh yea the tank had expanded so far forward that the latch can not be used to secure the tank....I am told that is a reaction of the plastic to ethanol in fuel...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts