Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
141 - 145 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
grazi said:
+1. That's why I sold my heavily modded S2R800, when the addition of real suspension (front and rear) and better brakes put the total investment past the price of a new 2007 S4R. That doesn't even mention the power difference, which no sane amount of money could bridge between the 800 and the S4R.
But of course you're talking about an S4R, not an S2R. I disagree with Motoloco on the 800 v. 1000 difference being all that large. Depending on your choices, you can bring the 800 front end either up to (~$1.200) or well past (~$2,000) the 1k's. And in the real world the HP/Torque difference is deminimis, except maybe in high speed freeway passing. The 800 jumps off the line just as quickly as the 1000 (some would say it feels even quicker because of the smoothness of it) and the 1/4 mile times are so close as to not be noticeable by the average rider. The choice comes down to which clutch type you prefer, the vibe level and some additional freeway passing power. My 800 is smooth as silk, never stumbles/coughs/pops, the clutch pull is light and smooth and the slipper action is great. Both are great bikes and the differences aren't as big as the marketing brochure makes it out to be.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
2007 S2R 1000 - thought I was having unique problems until reading this thread.

On start up, my bike hunts during idle, up and down, up and down - it has even stalled a couple of times a minute or two into warm-up. Once I get it going, the bike coughs and pops when I roll off the gas and has even stalled 3-4 times now when I engage the clutch while riding. This can be quite scary when you are preparing to make a left hand turn in traffic and the bike stalls in front of on-coming traffic. The bike was just serviced - I mentioned the issue to the dealer and they played stupid. Bike came back to me with the same issues. This reminds me - this is the same dealer that let me take the bike on day 1 and did not notice that the thing was idling above 2000rpm - they must not have road tested it before letting me take it home - comforting...

The question of course is what is the fix? Is it as simple as disconnecting the O2 sensor? What am I losing by doing this - afterall, the O2 sensor must do something other than cause the bike to run rough... Is getting a new ECU the answer? Are there adjustments the dealer can make that will cure this issue? Again - what is the fix??

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
06 S2R1k, Arrows full system, O2 sensor unplugged.
Slight surging when the bike is warming up.
Once the LO light turns off, no more surging.
This bike is so much better than my old M800,
it runs strong and ask for more every time I ride,
I never get tired of riding it.

141 - 145 of 145 Posts