Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize that there’s a ton of threads about exhaust systems for the S2R 1000 so sorry if I’m rehashing old stuff. Anyway, I’m pretty much satisfied with my bike’s sound and performance but I just can’t stand the looks of that dreadful udder underneath my bike.
I like the looks of the aftermarket systems but don’t want anything that’s too loud. Can anybody tell me what the quietest full system is out there? I’d be okay with a moderate increase in sound but I sure don’t want the local condo cops on my tail. And which system would cause the least amount of tuning problems? My bike runs great right now and don’t want the surging/popping problems that I’ve been reading about.
Another option is to replace the headers and keep the stock silencers. Can anybody tell me what their bike is like with this setup?

Thanks!

·
Registered
969 Posts
I have the Spark CAT elminator pipe and Arc Fabrication mufflers...VERY loud!!

However, for a short time I ran the CAT eliminator pipe with the stock mufflers just to see how it sounded...way too quite for me...so it may just be what you are looking for.

I like the look of the stock cans and hated the CAT and you do get some growl by just loosing the CAT but not enough for my taste but I would be totally confident that it would not arouse the ire of "the locals." Would save you the cash you'd put out for new cans (most are highly over priced IMO...though Arc Fabrication are very reasonable, comparatively speaking...plus they are handmade, not production, factory pumped out).

Good luck with your choice...and yes!! the CAT is nasty, ugly looking...I agree!!

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The price for the Cat eliminator from Spareshack is $334 plus shipping. I can't figure out the desmoworld site just yet. My local dealer has the Ducati version for around $450. Did you guys have any running problems (surging, popping, etc) after replacing just the Cat eliminator pipe? Can I get away with just adding the eliminator pipe and being good to go?
My first choice for a full system would be the Arrow system baffles. Does ARC sell cans with baffles? I live about 40 miles from Laconia, NH so maybe I can visit ARC or BCM Ducati and listen to a set, if possible.
I live in a conservative condo community and leave way early for work so quiet is good. Even if I didn't, I find a loud motorcycle to be exhausting on longer rides and certainly don't want to add to the Harley epidemic. But a nice rumble certainly is nice!

·
Registered
969 Posts
apexal said:
Does ARC sell cans with baffles? I live about 40 miles from Laconia, NH so maybe I can visit ARC or BCM Ducati and listen to a set, if possible.
That is one of the great things about Doug, he will make whatever you want. In fact I did a paintshop image of the mufflers I wanted and he worked them up from that. He can make whatever you want with or without baffels. My slash cut megs are baffled but are still way loud...you would have to let him know that you want them pretty well silenced.

I'm pretty sure that Doug moved...to West Va...I think? If I correctly remember his email telling of his email address change??

·
Registered
969 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts