Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's time to start my winter project... superbike forks on my monster. I currently have CC DBR-13's, which are S25-50 (side mount, 2.5 inch rise, 50mm fork tube diameter). I'd like to keep the same rise and prefer the side mount over the front mount, so after speaking with Alex Ortner, I would like to get S25-53's, which would have to be a special order I believe.

Motowheels- as the largest Cycle Cat distributor, can you special order something like that? The alternative is S15-53 or F15-53... I don't want a front mount, which actually wouldn't even work with the current CC upper triple replacement. And I'd prefer the extra 1" rise over the S15.

Thanks.

G

·
Hey Magnus are these the ones that fit with the stock headlight bracket and are they now available in 1.5 and 2.5? thanks. retro.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Magnus are these the ones that fit with the stock headlight bracket and are they now available in 1.5 and 2.5? thanks. retro.
You mean the DBR-13's that I have now? Yes, they fit with the stock headlight bracket... you can get it with the 1.5" or 2.5" rise... front or side mount.

By the way, Alex mentioned a few months ago via email that Cycle Cat was working on a second generation upper triple replacement for the newer monsters that don't use the flat front of the triple as an attachment point for the turn signals and fairing brackets. Not sure if that's available yet.

G

·
You mean the DBR-13's that I have now? Yes, they fit with the stock headlight bracket... you can get it with the 1.5" or 2.5" rise... front or side mount.

I was wonderin about the 53mm clips with the offset, I thot they were a ways off being done to fit the stock headlight on a 900 with SBK forks I think they had an offset and wasn't sure if they were making a 1.5 to fit 53mm.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was wonderin about the 53mm clips with the offset, I thot they were a ways off being done to fit the stock headlight on a 900 with SBK forks I think they had an offset and wasn't sure if they were making a 1.5 to fit 53mm.
Oh.. do you mean the front mount clips? Not sure, but the side mounts will work. I'll double check with Alex.

G

·
I better check their site again, I remember they were making a set of clip on clamps for 53mm forks with an offset to fit on 900 monster and clear the stock headlight brackets. But I wasn't sure if they had them avaiable yet or
what rise would be available. I am not too happy with the top mount clip ons I have now and was waiting for the c cats to come out, but wanted 1.5's,
Thanks Magnus, if you hear something I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Sorry no S25-53 yet. They are still being planned but I don't know when. They will be available first with the original clamp position as it is applicable to more applications later with the forward mounting for the Monster headlight bracket. The new style flat triple is still in the works.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bummer.

I guess my options are to go with the S15-53 (ABR-1) and the DTC-6 53mm upper triple, or wait.

Has anyone done this? I suppose I could mount the clamps above the triple to get that inch back... not sure how good it would look, though.

G

·
you can do what I did Magnus and buy a cheaper set while waiting for
the c cats......prolly have to go on top like I have..but it works pretty good,
doesn't look ugly...if interested I can take photo's after Sunday.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Retro... what did you buy in the way of a cheaper temporary set? And how much did you spend?

Damn... I wish I had some idea of when those S25-53's would be available!

G

·
I got woodcrafts.....I forget how much, I think around $100.00
Looked for Vortex 53mm but couldn't find them being in a hurry as I liked them in the 50mm.
Anyways I just wanted something cheap and fast, that would work until I could find a set that would go under the triple. I was hoping for c cats to be out by now. I think I finally got my rear sets just about perfect and was thinking today on the ride if I could just get under the triple, I would be in heaven.
I haven't really checked on Duc SBK clips yet, and I may just get impatient
and rip apart the headlight bracket....I can always tape the headlight to something ;)

G

·
damnit I remember seeing a set like ones that were posted on the list before, oh it was in a brit mag on a sbk bike, anyways someone here posted a set of clips that were cheap and had narrow clamps that looked like they may go under the DTC-6 no problemo if they came in 53mm. I will look at motowheels I think I saw some there in 50mm.

G

·
these are at motowheels if they came in 53mm i think these might work under? Martin should know the maker and if they exist in 53mm?

http://tinyurl.com/wuwq

still not much of a clamp there? would still opt for c cats when they show up
or I think I will look into the 53mm DP's and see what's up with that too...
I'm never going to be able to save up for a 999.....

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Those have a 1.5" rise, same as the CC S15-53's which are available. You want the 2.5" rise, don't you?

G

·
I think I want either 1.5 or none.....I was just thinking of things that might work for you in the meantime also....

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh... if you want 1.5, why not get the cc's that are available now? I was waiting for the 2.5's... The S15-53 is already out there... for Aprilia but will work for you.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts