Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lucky bastard, he is the new north american ducati performance parts rep, i wish him well and hope life keeps getting better. He will be miss.

Adam R

ps, my monster would look awesome with ducati carbon fiber cans ;D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nope, He means Ryan aka "The answer man".
anr yes he is a lucky bastard.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Damn, would have liked to known him when I had lots of questions. So it there a Ryun there too?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Do you mean Arum???(the one with the pony tail)
He is the store manager, pretty cool guy 8).

·
Registered
376 Posts
Ah ha, Arun, thats it, that's who I was thinking of, although your take on him is a little different than mine would be, but I guess that's what makes the world go around. :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
If you don't mind me asking.....
Why you don't like Arum?????

·
Registered
376 Posts
No, I don't mind at all. Back in July, when I decided that I wanted a Monster, the first thing I did was to search for a used one, and wasn't able to find one that fit my needs, so I then contacted the closest dealer (Motocorsa) and they had what seemed to be the perfect Monster for me, the salesman I was dealing with was Arun? I thought, but maybe it was Arum, I never did get to meet him face to face. So Motocorsa had 2 new 2000 Monsters on the sales floor that hadn't sold, and I think they wanted $8800 for them. I thought that the price was a little high. After searching the internet, I found in the Seattle area, ther was an 2002 Monster for $8000 out the door. I wasn't too hot to drive to Seattle to get the motorcycle, and I was willing to let Arum match the deal on a 2 year older motorcycle, and he refused in kind of a snippy way, and I thought he wasn't too hot to get my business, I had cash in hand, and was willing to give it to him if he would have dealed, but he didn't even consider the offer, and he was fairly curt with me on the phone. I found out later that they made him the manager, and I've seen him at Motocorsa a couple of times, and I just didn't get too nice a vibe from him even though he had no idea who I was (I was in the service department). I just really dislike it when a retailer tries to make a person feel like they are doing you a favor by selling you a product, I was the easiest sell in the world, I had the money, I knew what I wanted, and was willing to take a lesser product for the same money, and who knows how much I'd have spent on accessories and mods at Motocorsa if they only had been a little more accomodating and reasonable. I don't want it to sound like I'm angry or hateful to Arum or Motocorsa, in fact, I'm glad I have the motorcycle that I have, it is just I think an indicator of how the place does business, and I wasn't real happy how I was treated there. Boy, sorry about the long post, but that's how it happened.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Man, I'm sorry that you had a bad experince with Arum, or is it Arun??I can't remember :-[.
Everybody in Motocorsa is been nice to us (me and my wife Katie) so far.
It sounds like you got a better deal anyways, a 2002 for $8000 OTD :eek: (right on!!!).
We paid $8200 OTD in september for katie's 2001 Monster.
Hey maybe we could meet up and go for a ride 8) if we can see some sunshine.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hey, like I said, I'm real happy with what happened, I think that I ended up with a better motorcycle for less money, and that makes me a happy guy ;D. I've been to Motocorsa several times since I've had the monster, and can't say a bad word about them. I'd love to get together for a ride, if you ever get to the central part of the state (I assume your from the west side) I'd love to show you and your wife some nice high desert roads. I'm a farmer, so my schedule is very loose, I can get away anytime weekday, or weekend, or whenever. I try to not take the Monster into the Portland metro area (I haven't developed the eyes in the back of my head yet :D). Lots of sunshine out this way, if you'd like to get together sometime, let me know, unfortunately my wife doesn't ride, but I bet we could talk her into driving wherever we go, should be fun, lots of places to go and see from here. Let me know :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Cool, sounds like a plan, I live in Portland and yes traffic sucks, to many cages.
I will like to go to central Oregon(never been there).
Week days for me are harder to get off, I work in a desk monday -friday 8:00AM to 4:30PM and my wife works on grave yard (nights), now on weekends I'm always up for a ride.
We are planning on a trip to Crater lake, via central Oregon.
So, where do you live???

·
Registered
376 Posts
I don't know how you guys do it, if I had to ride in heavy traffic at all, I'd be dead, or crazy, or both :p. I live in the huge town of Tygh Valley (pop. 125 or so). It is a little town about 30 miles south of The Dalles. If you were going to Crater Lake, I think you'd have to go down thru Bend (I'm not really sure, I've never been there) If you take 26 and go over Mt. Hood towards Madras/Bend, but instead of staying on 26 you'd turn off onto 216 and go towards Maupin/Tygh Valley. I suppose I need to figure out exactly how to get to Crater Lake first, I know it's south of here, I'll check Mapquest. I think from here its a pretty good poke, 3-4 hours (I think). Well, let me know when is a good time for you, I'll check with my wife Lindsey, I'm sure she'd like a little day trip, sounds like fun!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Will do!! ;D

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
MotoCorsa is good overall. Service depart is decent. I heard their best mech went to Seattle Ducati.

Ryan is great. Kat is GREAT!

Arun is a jerk.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I don't think Kat is there anymore, she was the service manager right? I don't recall the new service managers name, but if my thinking is correct, there have been 3 different service managers in just over 6 months, I know about turnover in auto related industries, but that seems a little excessive.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
That much turn over is not good. Since Motocorsa is apart of the Ron Tonkin auto empire, it has not been my first choice but it has been good enough.

What other good option in Portland (or close-by) can I guy take his Monster for service??

·
Registered
97 Posts
Kat still there, she is in sales, she is also pretty cool, I also like Derek.
FastKatanaboy, the only Ducati dealrs in Oregon are:

·
Registered
376 Posts
If there is a Duc dealer in Central Oregon, I don't know about them. There is Motocorsa, the BMW dealer in Salem, and the other closest dealer was in Post Falls, Idaho (Beaudry Motorsports which also gave me a runaround when I was searching for the Monster). I bought the Monster last July, so maybe there is a new dealer since then, but I used the Ducati website dealer locator last summer when I was looking, and was surprised that there wasn't a dealer in the Bend area, there is lots of $$$$ in the Bend area, and I would have thought that an Italian motorcycle shop would do well in a place like Bend. Maybe I'll see if there is a new shop in Bend, that way I can actually ride the bike to the shop (if it's running ;D) and not risk my life by trying to ride to Motocorsa again :eek:. Man do I hate to ride in heavy traffic.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
HAHAHA @ your replies to this thread, i have no problem with anyone at motocorsa, i love them all, for the record its Arun! and he is a great guy if you know him. He has helped my friends get into bikes cheap. oh yeah and Kat *drool* hope she never reads this is awesome!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Yeah, I thought Kat was cool, she struck me as a real down to earth person. I tried to get Arun to give me a good deal on the Monster, but I guess maybe I have to be a friend or something to get the "good deals". Again, no animosity, I'm happy, you're happy, we're all happy :D, can't you just feel the Motocorsa love :p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts