Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was forwarded this and thought it would be good to post. The NC General Assembly has made it legal for a motorcycle to run a red light if the inductive loop isn't picking up the bike. The catch is you have to wait 3 minutes. While sitting at a light, that will seem like 3 hours. But if the cop wasn't sitting there watching you the whole time, (Shrug).

Ken

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/Sessions/2007/Bills/Senate/HTML/S1359v6.html

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
That's good to know. Thanks for posting that. [thumbsup]

(I wonder why they wrote it so that it doesn't go into effect until December? ??? )

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
The light at my subdivision takes 5 minutes in the morning in the best of circumstances, but for anyone who rides in RTP during the weekend this is great.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Sweet. This is almost as good as legal lane splitting.

Yes sir, officer sir. I was sitting there for three minutes. :angel:

I know because my bike idles at 1100 RPM and I counted to 3300.

·
Banned
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jobu said:
Sweet. This is almost as good as legal lane splitting.

Yes sir, officer sir. I was sitting there for three minutes. :angel:

I know because my bike idles at 1100 RPM and I counted to 3300.
That ain't gonna work fer you, 'cause everyone knowed you never learn your numbers.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
minkman said:
That ain't gonna work fer you, 'cause everyone knowed you never learn your numbers.
I know that 2+2 is 4. And 4 + 4 is more.

Ha, I know math and numbers stuff.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
I picked up this thing called the Signal Sorcerer at Iron Horseman Technologies. It's a strong magnet you mount to the bottom of your bike.It trips the signal light. It seems to work for me.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
I haven't needed a law to tell me I can run red lights! Been doing that for years!

Seriously though, I may have to get one of those magnets because I have heard that they do work. I also read somewhere that putting the sidestand down right on top of one of the buried wires helps. Only if you can find it though. I've have tried it but I'm not always sure that's what caused the light to switch.

·
Registered
271 Posts
My Buddy's magnet appears to turn the lights red.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I was having an issue with parking my bike at work. I live in Charlotte and park in a garage down town. To get in you wave your badge thingy while you're over the electro magnet sensing device. It just wouldn't work on the gates going into the garage. So i went to the local Home Depot :-X and picked up some regular old magnets. Stuck them on the oil filter and rode around. They didn't fall off the bike and this morning had no issues with the gate at the garage. I'll pick up some better magnets and protect them a little. These will end up either falling off, getting oil on them, or rusting. Oh and it didn't cost more than a couple of bucks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
running in red lights

In some places running in red light is already approved by the law and other states are thinking about it. Nebraska is thinking about a bill that would allow motorcycle drivers to run red lights under certain conditions. Opponents say the move is too great a safety danger. You can read more about the article.
Running Red Lights

·
Registered
650 Posts
I was told in Illinois that you may pass through a red light after approximately 45 seconds if there has not been a signal change and obviously no one is coming in either direction. I was also told that you may pass through a red light during inclement weather (t-storms for example) after a complete stop to verify it is safe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts