Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Having running problems with my 2012 Monster 1100. The bike does not run right, lack of power once the bike reaches operating temperature. When it is cold it runs perfect - tons of power. can pull the front wheel off the ground when cold with a blimp of the throttle. Once warmed up though there is no power - it is rideable but no where near the power. Starting off is difficult too - it sputters until the rpms are up - also ONLY when bike reaches operating temperature. When it is cold it is fine.

This began after I replaced the exhaust and remapped the ecu. I have cleaned the map sensor passages and replaced the hoses. I also replaced the front sprocket with a 14t because starting off sounded and felt like I was in too high of gear. The starting off is better with 14t but is just really masking the engine running problem.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Who did the re-map ? If you paid to get it done you should be able to go back to them . Did you try to ride the bike with no re- map and just the new exhaust ? That would tell you if you have a coincidental second problem or an issue with the new map. I don’t believe in coincidence. I’m guessing it’s the new map. Where did the map come from ? Can you contact them ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First, thanks for the reply.... appreciate it. Motowheels did the map.... unfortunately there was a gap in time between me getting the exhaust/ map and actually installing everything. Moto wheels no longer does the mapping/the guy who did the work left the company and they couldn’t help me. Did exhaust and remap the same time so never rode without both. Dave from Rexxer helped me and tried a bunch of things that didn’t work. I agree with you and bad map is one thing I suspect. Going to try a couple of other things (test coils)... but I may have Dave remap for me. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bit of an old message here but finally fixed the issue and wanted to post resolution in case someone else has the issue. It ended up being a bad coil. Once the coil got hot it was breaking down. Replaced over the weekend and now it’s all good. Thanks for the response.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts