Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rarely ride at night, and I did for a change tonight, yeah! So this lady pulls up to me and says my back lights are not working. The brake light worked fine, and due to the sun going down behind me, I couldnt tell if the light was on or not. I checked when I got home and it worked fine.

But, here is my question, are the turn indicators lights only supposed to be on when you signal? I never really paid attention before, but none of the yellow lights are on when I am riding. Is this normal, or am I smoking crack, or both??

M

·
0 Posts
The orange lights are the turn signal indicators,the only light in the back is the tail light and the brake light.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
After messing with my wiring (well, the bike's, not mine) I found that all four directionals were just that - directionals. None of mine stayed on full time as running lights. I found it interesting, because I was buying a pair of directionals today (CHOP DAY!) and asked what the diff between single- and dual-filament bulbs were (besides the obvious). Evidently some bikes run the front lights full time (but blink to indicate direction). Who knew?

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
I put "priority lites" on my bike, because I ride home from work after dark. This allows the turns signals to stay lit up as running lights and they brighten with the brake light and they blink as turn signals. I have this on my HD also.
But here in PA , by law, if any light is on in the rear it has to be red, the HD kit came with red lenses, I can't find red lenses for the Ducati.

I like them, it really lights up the rear of the bike after dark. I purchased them at : http://www.competitionaccessories.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=524

I had FBF install them when my bike went up for service.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Hey DUCnHAR that's a pretty cool product. Do your turn signals get very hot?

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
No, not at all. I really like it, makes me feel a little safer at night, at least people should be able to see me from behind, if they are paying attention!

·
Registered
829 Posts
DUCnHAR, where did you attach the box? I got the box yesterday in the mail and it was larger than I expected. I'm even thinking of dremelling the box open and repackaging it.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I replaced my taillight with a high quality 48 LED 1.85" cluster bulb. It's VERY bright, almost blindingly so with the taillight cover off. I highly recommend it. Makes sure you don't go cheap though, cheap LEDs are quite dim. You can find the same type of bulb here...

http://www.customdynamics.com/motorcycle_led_bulbs.htm

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
I rarely ride at night, and I did for a change tonight, yeah! So this lady pulls up to me and says my back lights are not working. ??
Tech part as DUCHAR says, also in my hd but not in Ducati.

The part that I was wondering that was it really a lady that pulled up to You.... it was dark, that helps, but still some sunset....

The lady pulling up to You telling You back light is not firing, that is cool...... ;D ;D ;D

Skier

1 - 11 of 11 Posts