Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone done this modification on their rear turn signals? I'm thinking about it, but wondering if it's even possible with my limited electrical abilities :-[

S

·
0 Posts
Re:  running light conversion?

should honestly be very easy. you'll need to get dual-fillament signals and then just splice the "running light" wire for the signals in with the running light wire for the brakelight. the signal's wire should be labelled or just use either of the "hot" wires (as opposed to ground). to figure out which wire is used for the brakelight's running light, pop the seat off, turn the key on. the running light will be on, no? pull one of the hot-wires going to the brakelight and you'll find out which one's for the running light vs brakelight. splice accordingly.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Well...you sure make it sound easy! So, just gotta get some dual filament signal lights...piece of cake! Thanks!

S

·
0 Posts

only thing i'll say is be careful to not cross the wiring since it'll be live while you pull connections to isolate which of the taillight wires is "running" vs "brake". there's not an aweful lot of current to zap you but you certainly don't want to short anything by accidentally tapping the hot and ground wires together. as soon as you figure out which one's which, turn the key off to do the splicing ;)

R

·
0 Posts

I'm thinking another milk and cookies reward for Strati. :)

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts

I have it on my HD, it was simple to install there. Been looking at them for the Monster, but legally in Pa the turn signal lights if used as brake lights must be red not amber, and I haven't been able to find red lens for the turn signals .

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts

I've seen the conversion kit for $49 and the flashing one for $59, anyone see it cheaper anywhere?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts