Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a problem getting my foot maneuvered smoothly in and around the shifter.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
If you're feeling lazy I believe the Dark footpegs are sans-rubber. And yeah, look out for that goofy spring/ball-bearing setup. Sheesh.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Michael Moore is right. the dark pegs do not have rubber and look just like the "de-rubbered pegs" in htcamp's photo. my HH clutzy boots get stuck on the pegs without rubber.

M

·
0 Posts
Have you adjusted the linkage on the shift lever? I raised mine about an inch or so before I had 50 miles. I have large feet.

BTW my dark pegs came modified from the factory (no rubber).

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
apparently, wearing a rubber on the peg is an "upgrade", as the dark is a basic minimalist set-up. it may be so that your boots don't slip on them. I've had my foot slip off the pegs when riding over fairly bumpy terrain. (read: NOT dual-sporting on the monster... just riding over crappy road surfaces).

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
So all I had to do to get these cool footpegs is buy a Dark? So much for feeling clever...no matter, I much prefer the "naked" pegs.

I've had no problem with my feet slipping, though it is possible there may be a bit more buzz.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great info...Thanx! I should have mentioned that I did first adjust the shifter lever out (all the way). BTW, what are and where can I find the SBK pegs? And it also sound

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Tom:
After I saw your post with the pic above I had to give it a shot. I just finished my pegs tonight & installed them back on my Monster. They look great! I think this is an upgrade vs. the rubber covered ones.
Anyway, thanx for the great idea. It was pretty easy to get the rubber off after soaking in some Goof Off then just used the wire wheel on the ole' Dremel and wala beautiful pegs.

Thanx again!

·
Registered
206 Posts
i ordered a set of the "naked" pegs from motostrano (helping out the sponsors)...just wish they would ship. ordered them 7/27...still haven't been sent out (8/11/03)....grrrrrrr...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i ordered a set of the "naked" pegs from motostrano (helping out the sponsors)...just wish they would ship.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Competition Werkes Footpegs
Application: Ducati Silver
Type: Rider

they are not listed due to be being on backorder.

cheers!
steve

R

·
0 Posts
Has anyone tried using a torch to heat up the rubber then peel it off with pliers or a wire weel then. Will the heat do anthing to the peg?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts