Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got out for the first real ride on my new S4R yesterday. Can you say holy frost heaves???? The road is a mess, hopefully it will settle with the warm weather..... Rt 37 is in good shape though and is a fun twisty road. All in all, a good first ride on my new bike.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Got out for the first real ride on my new S4R yesterday. Can you say holy frost heaves???? The road is a mess, hopefully it will settle with the warm weather..... Rt 37 is in good shape though and is a fun twisty road. All in all, a good first ride on my new bike.

Yeah, we have that problem down here in Western Massachusetts too. Bad winters will do that. Where is Rt. 37?

Last fall I took a day off from work and did a ride starting around Bellows Falls, taking Routes 5, 103 and 11. Great scenery.

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Yeah, the roads are really sucking right now. If it's not the sand, it's the frost heaves. We'll see how things get as spring progresses. 8)

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
You all probably don't care but I used to live in Vermont and would love to chit chat with someone from back home to catch up a bit on things and hear about the riding.

If your interested let me know.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
What roads/routes do you recommend? I was thinking about doing a loop from 100 North around the Green Mountain National Forest to 7 South.

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
You all probably don't care but I used to live in Vermont and would love to chit chat with someone from back home to catch up a bit on things and hear about the riding.

If your interested let me know.
Vermont. Hmm. Cold, wet and snowy in the winter. Warm in the summer. Lot's of green mountains, real estate prices are still low, price of gas is below the avg MA fare. Always feels 'underpopulated' (which is a good thing). Roads in general make MA roads look like they were built in the Roman Empire. Good place to ride and I find myself creeping in to Vermont involuntarily on my rides...
...Still a pretty cool place IMHO. ;D

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
RTE 2 from East to West border in the far south is pretty cool.

I always enjoyed a loop starting in Ludlow RTE103 E to 131 E, some road to Woodstock, 100S back to 103E to Ludlow.

My last favorite route is starting in Ludlow RTE103W to ?? W (goes to E. Wallingford and White Rocks) S. on 7 to Manchester then 100N back to Ludlow.

Also 100N out of Ludlow to Plymouth is a nice little jaunt. But pretty much any little jig around the back roads is a treat!

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
RTE 2 from East to West border in the far south is pretty cool.
That's in Massachusetts, no?

I've done some riding on 103 at least to Chester and was very impressed. Those other routes look very good, especially around the Green Mountain National Forest.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
I think RTE2 goes into MA as well and continues through VT into NY. It's been a while but . . .

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rt 37 is right off of Rt 123 in Hancock NH. They just paved it a couple of years ago. If you are on 123,,, please be careful stop for moose if you see one,,,, they are big ass nmofo's who take their time crossing the road. :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
damn stupid censor..... let me try this again,,,, Rt 37 is in Hankock NH

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
More importantly don't honk or do anything else that might provoke it. I know a woman who honked at one around Manchester/Londonderry VT and it charged her car and rolled it over! Granted it was a Geo, but still you and your bike won't stand a chance if Bullwinkle decides he's pissed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts