Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m thinking about picking up a set of RSV Racing rearsets for my 2014 1200s. Does anyone know if these 1200/821 rearsets can be set up for gp shift? The spacing between the peg mounting brackets and shift lever looks questionable from the pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know someone on this forum has a set of these....

·
Registered
351 Posts
I've got a set....I don't think anything is in the pathway of the gear selector to prevent gp shifting but I'm not in front of my bike right now either...I needed to modify the push rod for the brake...I think I took off an inch or so to get the pedal in the right position...I also tossed the return spring and used an exhaust spring instead...and for whatever reason they assembled the pegs with red locktight...took an impact wrench to break them free and retighten them...other than that you can't beat the price

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been speaking with RSV Racing. The answer is no. But it maybe something you can modify after you get them
I had been emailing with them as well, but they stopped responding after I had sent them a picture of my current gp shift setup with the stock rearsets (they had asked for a picture).

For now, I’m heading down the path of cutting down the stock rearsets and variable position pegs since I already have gp shift set up. It’s almost beyond a personal preference at this point - my brain switches into reverse shift mode when I brake and downshift aggressively after using that pattern with my track bikes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok, so I have received my Rearsets from RSV Racing. It is a top quality kit and fits together well and looks awesome. However, I can see it will be extremely difficult to adapt it to GP shift.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts