Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been running royal purple products in my vehicles for some time...oil, atf, antifreeze additive, gear oil, etc. I have had good luck. I noticed that they have recently added a motorcycle specific oil. Anybody have any experiece? I know one of the Professors at NCSU in the aerospace engineering program that conducted the experiment that is quoted on their webpage. He said they had great success, but as I just got my first bike last week (X-mas present from my wife) I just want to do what is best for my bike.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Don't know about engine longevity, but my nephew that used to run a Top Gas/Super Comp drag bike told me that switching to Royal Purple oil dropped something like .2 seconds off the ET consistently.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
motorcycle specific stuff = extra leverage to get money out of your wallet. Buy their normal stuff and be happy. I know a race team that ran their 00w or 000w racing oil. Even when the oil pump died, that "Superstock" prepped GSXR make 140 or 142 hp...

:)

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Be VERY leary of extra HP claims. Many of these are very low viscosity oils(sometimes 00w as Chris mentioned). You will definatly get more HP, you will also go thru more motors. It's like rigging your oil bypas spring - better left to the pros who can change out motors like you & I order sandwiches.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You were right, I pay are $62 per case for 10w30 for my car and the retail price for the max cycle is around $108, rp told me there were more additives in the motorcycle oil. I guess he had to say something, however he shouldn't have said that it was a little more! [smiley=huh.gif]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts