Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I thoght my rough running motor was just the nature of the beast, and the L-twin. Then the other day I stumbled across a Ducati demo day at the top of my favorite road. I got to ride the 1000GT, and a Sport 1000, and noticed some things about it.

First and foremost, why in the hell was that motor so smooth, and how do get mine to idle, rev, and cruise like that bike. I get the chop at all times through the powerband, idle, and well, all the time.

I am thinking it may have something to do with my closely needed valve adjustment. Would this cause the bucking, and popping throughout the rev's. Also would a reflash, and TB sync help out?

'02 m900ie

·
Banned
897 Posts
How many miles on it, when was the last service, what's been done to it? Your description is a little vague to try and say what it is. If it's due for a valve check anyway, have the shop go through it.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ddan said:
How many miles on it, when was the last service, what's been done to it? Your description is a little vague to try and say what it is. If it's due for a valve check anyway, have the shop go through it.
10,115km on the clock as of last night. It's due for it's 10k service. Oil changed every 6 weeks or so. I am going to do the valve job next week, we will see if that works. If it doesn't then I will take it to the shop for TB sync and reflash.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
and reflash
??? ??? I don't know if that's possible with the ECU in a '02 M900i.e. ...

Bucking and popping is a likely a fuel management issue, but many people find the stock ECU inadequate to deal with it and end up going with a Powercommander or the like to provide more "tuneability."

I get the chop at all times through the powerband, idle, and well, all the time.
What exactly do you mean by "the chop"?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts