Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so I am thinking of finally getting some
Braketech Axis iron rotors and pads, and Brembo radial pump...
a couple of question for you experts.....In trying to keep the wear down I was thinking something like Platinums would be fine, or should I go with CP911's?
Any reason I should consider changing my 2 pin Brembo's?
And which piston and offset to get? 19-20?
Anyone running the radial clutch pump?
Thanks in advance for the help......

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Hmmm...a pre-emptive strike on that 944/MBP hotrod motor? ;D

Scott S. has some of the BrakeTech rotors, and I think the radial pump M/C. And I think Tom/Infoage has the 4-pin Brembos.

I talked with the main guy at BrakeTech about pads with more grip than the Platinums for my rear (BrakeTech Iron) brake, he said Sintergrip ST pads were grippier, lasted longer, and had a little more rotor wear than the Platinums. Didn't ask about the CP's, they don't have 'em for the rear. Can't remember his name, but he was real friendly.

I think Strati has a radial pump too, maybe the rotors and calipers, not sure tho.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep...
got the axis rotors. i run them with ferodo platinums and am plenty happy with how they bite. i'm not terribly concerned with how quickly they'll wear because a new set of pads isn't terribly expensive in my oppinion.
also running a radial master cylinder. excellent feel compared to the stock gold-line jobbie.
don't currently feel the need to swap calipers but i may do that down the road. but stopping power with this setup is not a problem at all.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
I recommend starting with the rotors and platinum pads. On 2V, this may be enough to make you over-the-top happy. The next step up are the CP911* pads. 4V bikes tend to need a touch more power, so they can use the radial master cylinder.

:) Chris

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do the rotors really make that much difference over stock ?

Strati, did it make a difference on your S4 ??

Just curious since I'm debating to go 4 pad caliper or rotors, etc.....

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do the rotors really make that much difference over stock ?

Strati, did it make a difference on your S4 ??

Just curious since I'm debating to go 4 pad caliper or rotors, etc.....
i've found the rotors/pads/mastercylinder to make a pretty significant difference, not only in stopping power, but in confidence/feel. i can't quantify which has made the greatest difference since i made all changes at once, but i'd recommend going in this order if you were budgetting:

pads
master cylinder
rotors

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much better is the radial pump over the gold brembo that came on my 03? What's the big difference?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I recommend starting with the rotors and platinum pads. On 2V, this may be enough to make you over-the-top happy. The next step up are the CP911* pads. 4V bikes tend to need a touch more power, so they can use the radial master cylinder.

:) Chris
Thanks everyone......Chris I will be emailing you, I like the idea of doing things in steps....

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Ditto the Platinums. I put them on the 851 after using the EBC HH. The Ferodo pads work plenty good, probably easier on the rotors too.

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Kevin,

I'm running 4-pad calipers with SinterGrip ST pads, on the stainless 998R narrow-band rotors with STM full-floating buttons. I couldn't be happier with this set-up. I've got some serious brakes. Monster brakes. I'm sure I could do one-finger stoppies if I had the interest and the guts. After 4,000 miles, I can't feel any wear at all on the disks. They seem to work just as well hot or cold. No fading.

I have no desire to go to a radial pump; I certainly don't need any more brakes.

http://www.federal-mogul.com/cda/content/front/0,2194,2442_10852_10651,00.html

http://www.federal-mogul.com/images/ferodoracing/motorcycle_compound_selection-guide_eng.pdf

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Tom, I remember noticing your set up the first time I rode with you guys. 8)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts