Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems one of my front rotors is warped on my (just acquired first bike) '05 m620.

with no brake pressure applied, I can hear one spot on the rotor rubbing as the bike moves, correlated with the speed of the wheel. at high speeds it judders the whole front end like mad, and at low speeds it grabs very hard at that one spot.

It seems to me that this rules out most of the other problems I have read about that could be mis-diagnosed as a warped rotor, and this is also what the dealer said when I brought it in.

The dealer wants $700 to replace both front rotors, or $400 for just the warped one (they said the other rotor was just slightly warped) and that looks like it doesnt include new brake pads, which should be replaced with a new rotor, right?

that said I'm going to try and do it myself, I've read a couple how-to's and watched some videos and it seems pretty straightforward and simple.

what are some reccomendations for cheap rotors? this is my first bike, so I dont need racetrack spec brakes, just something reliable and, well, affordable.

I found these so far:
http://store.58cycle.com/product_p/brak stx pol frt m620 05.htm

what do you think?

·
Registered
663 Posts
there are plenty of people selling used stuff on the board, believe it or not, there are lots of crashed bikes. try looking for good used.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had thought about that, but are used rotors really a good way to go? from what I understand used rotors could be a pretty big gamble, as there could be a tiny warp or imperfection just waiting to get worse..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts