Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey...I was just wondering if any ducs were going to be represented in the Rolling Thunder ride this weekend?

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
zimm71 said:
Large rides like this tend to be to slow and straight.
Rather open it up a little more on the curves. >:D
+1

My watercooled ST will overheat in the first mile.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
O.k.....I forgot about the overheating thing...I knew that it would be beneficial to join this thread.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Yeah, Ducs wilt in that sort of envirnoment. The bigger air cooled bikes might have it the worst. But I bet those water cooled jobbies would get plenty hot.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
yuu said:
Yeah, Ducs wilt in that sort of envirnoment. The bigger air cooled bikes might have it the worst. But I bet those water cooled jobbies would get plenty hot.
That is the truth. Its not helping that my fan is not working right now. Not much of a problem until i hit drawn out stop and go traffic. I think on Sunday i may take the fairings off and do some diagnostics.

·
Registered
415 Posts
some of us tried to do Thunder Beach last month; got there and realized the pace was so slow it wasn't worth the chance of overheating. Parked the bikes and walked.

·
Registered
224 Posts
A friend of mine just got a S4 senna and he's trailering it from ohio to go to this, along with a friend of his and the guys dad...both Harley riders. I was talked into going 2 years ago and the whole time I really felt like a little speck of oil in a big tub of water. But after 2 hours of sitting at a harley dealership and 4+ hours of sitting in the sun in the pentagon parking lot we finally did the cruise and oddly enough it was almost worth the hassle..
If I go this year it'll be 2 monsters and a 996 (would suck to be on that) if anyone else is going

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
AliG said:
A friend of mine just got a S4 senna and he's trailering it from ohio to go to this, along with a friend of his and the guys dad...both Harley riders. I was talked into going 2 years ago and the whole time I really felt like a little speck of oil in a big tub of water. But after 2 hours of sitting at a harley dealership and 4+ hours of sitting in the sun in the pentagon parking lot we finally did the cruise and oddly enough it was almost worth the hassle..
If I go this year it'll be 2 monsters and a 996 (would suck to be on that) if anyone else is going
you better buy another chain after that hellish ride....... [cheeky]

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
I'm going, have done it before, and haven't had any overheating problems...
I have an air cooled Monster with Synthetic Oil, and when they stop for long periods, I shut-er-down... Otherwise, it moves slow, but fast enough to feel a little air, and faster than rush hour traffic on I-95.

If anyone does go, let me know if you are along the I95-ish Route North of Fredericksburg VA, and I'll meet up and we can either link with the regular Rolling Thunder Groups, or head to the pentagon for a view of 500,000+ bikes to browse around at for several hours while we munch on pulled pork sandwiches, and wait for the ride through DC to the WWII memorial. I enjoy the ride, and you'll meet some really nice people there, and it's always entertaining to watch the weekend riders drop their shiny 30k bikes as they try to figure out how to break, accelerate and take low speed turns.

Hope to see some other ducs there.

- Slick

1 - 12 of 12 Posts