Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The opportunities for riding are rare these days with the temperatures as they are, so when my buddy called and said he was going to Conway I ran out to the barn to see if the old girl would start. Fifteen minutes later we were on the road. It was beautiful today. Bright sunshine, little wind, no traffic, and a balmy 440. About 150 miles round trip via 113 and 153. Oh yeah, the reason to go. He was getting a free tube of silicone from his motor home dealer. What better reason to ride? ;D

I hear Tuesday is supposed to be 500. ;)

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Hmmm. It was 27 friggin' degrees when I left for work this AM. I punted on the moto for the first time this week. I was good for low 30s, but I couldn't do this.

Halloween ride? Wish I could, but I'm flogging a crew at work that day :p

But I'd like to see the nascent tradition continue. Git 'er done and hopefully I'll be there next Halloween! [thumbsup]

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yamifixer said:
Bet you didn't go out riding today.
Uhhhh, you got me there. Tuesday. Care to join me?

·
Banned
1,235 Posts
I hope you guys got out Sunday

it was a great day, sunny, wind was interesting at times, but overall leaves weren't as bad as I thought.

Q

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the weather man lies. I need a job where I can be wrong(**** up) 90% of the time and still get paid. At any rate the forecast was for temps in the 60s today. Right. It may have hit 60 for 30 seconds at 2:30, but that was it.

That didn't stop us though. Almost 250 miles around and about in central VT with the return trip headed north through Alstead and Claremont.

Maybe one more day before it's over. Maybe not. :-\

·
Banned
897 Posts
ducpainter said:
Well the weather man lies. I need a job where I can be wrong(**** up) 90% of the time and still get paid. At any rate the forecast was for temps in the 60s today. Right. It may have hit 60 for 30 seconds at 2:30, but that was it.

That didn't stop us though. Almost 250 miles around and about in central VT with the return trip headed north through Alstead and Claremont.

Maybe one more day before it's over. Maybe not. :-\
Bastard [thumbsup]

Today would have been the day, wish I could have managed it.

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ddan said:
Bastard [thumbsup]

Today would have been the day, wish I could have managed it.
Yes, today should have been the day. It was warmer at 8:00 today than noon yesterday. Yesterday they said it was going to rain today. ::) ::)

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
65 degrees, central NH, Nov 9, how could I pass? I did about 100 miles of back roads today. Most of them were wet and gravel covered ranging from sand to 3/4 inch rocks. Hey it's Nov. It was good. ;D

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I got into work with a ****-eatin' grin on my face today.

I was running late because of logistical complexities; picking my car up from the shop, dropping off my wife's rental, getting kids to school. So I jumped on 495 which I've been avoiding lately due to the crushing traffic and found it pretty open as it was past rush.

I cranked the whole way down 495 and Rt 3 at 90-100 mph. I was not my usual courteous self, but I had a hell of a good time!

B

·
0 Posts
I just got back to work from another lunch time junket....absolutely orgasmic riding weather. I am sooooo gonna get fired with these 1.5-2 hour rides. Still grinnin' tho

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
You and me both got out this afternoon went picked up a new lid. Took the baby gorilla for a smooth run down memorial drive down storrow and back to the office was gone for about 1.5 hrs. Good thing boss man was not in today or he would have been grinning with me from ear to ear. Hey did I tell you I luv me baby gorilla.

-ghost

1 - 12 of 12 Posts