Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eric (venice) and I (brentwood) are planning a ride up the coast to the Rock Store in the next couple of weeks to grab some breakfast, check out some bikes and of course enjoy the ride.

Join us. We haven't picked a day yet, but probably next week or the one after.

Regards,

Bruce
'02 M750

S

·
0 Posts
Isn't the Rock Store up the ACH? If it is you have company. You should check out the Mt. Palomar thread, page 2. A few of us were thinking about doing the same thing. Just set a time and a place to meet and I'm in.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Sounds good to me!

I think the rock store is Topanga / Malibu area?
Never been there, only heard about it.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Rock Store is on Mulholland Highway. Since Eric is in Venice and I am in Brentwood, we will most likely meet on PCH at a gas station, maybe at Sunset. From there we will ride up PCH to Pepperdine in Malibu. We then take Las Virgenes to Mulholland Highway. I am pretty flexible on the date.

Thoughts?

S

·
0 Posts
Its a good idea to take the sign "rock slide area" seriously in that area. I was there y'day testing my standby tires and there were rocks the size of my fist on the road. and gravel strewn at random patches, especially when you are completing a turn.

Ofcourse there are some turns, that if you go in too hot, might throw you off the cliff.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are setting it up for this coming Saturday at 9:00am. We are meeting at the Chevron station on the North side of Sunset at PCH. Or you can just meet us at the Rock Store if you are in the valley or parts North. We should be there at about 9:30am.

Are you in or are you out?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Me (eric smith) and my girl (niqui wright) will be there with our bike (01' M750..panted "dark")

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eric and I had just planned to meet at the Chevron and ride up to the Rock Store and get some grub. What happens from there is up to whoever shows. So, you can easily make it to Pasadena by 2:00PM

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
I'm in.
9:00am at the Chevron station on the North side of Sunset at PCH.

Is that just east of where Topanga Canyon Blvd. hits PCH?
Please clarify for this Inland Empire hick, I'm 70 miles east...

Never been to the Rock Store. That's going to be a treat.
We'll mob 'em with monsters! ;D

108, we can hook up at that Arco on Irwindale if you want to convoy it. I could meet you at about 08:00. I'd feel safer rollin' through downtown with you. ;D

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From points East I think the best bet is the 10 Freeway all the way to PCH. Then take PCH north to Sunset, which is south of where Topanga hits PCH.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
I might be able to make this ride as well. I will keep you guys posted. If so, I'll hook up with you guys (108 & Speed) for the trip to the westside. If we were to meet the others on PCH, the best route would probably be taking the 210W to 110S to the 10W. If you want to go straight to the Rock Store, then the 134W to 101W to Kanan exit is probably the best route. I could be wrong, though. I'll let you all know if I can make it as the week progresses.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME...we are stoked! I dont think I've ever ridden with more than ONE other monster!

WOOOOHA!

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
I might be able to make this ride as well. I will keep you guys posted. If so, I'll hook up with you guys (108 & Speed) for the trip to the westside. If we were to meet the others on PCH, the best route would probably be taking the 210W to 110S to the 10W. If you want to go straight to the Rock Store, then the 134W to 101W to Kanan exit is probably the best route. I could be wrong, though. I'll let you all know if I can make it as the week progresses.
108 & kev:
The 210W to 110S to 10W sounds like the best route, as 110S is pretty fun twisty stuff, although ancient surface. It'll be good for checking my fork tuning progress....

I'll go that route even if you guys can't make it, as the 10 east of LA really blows, it's choppy and has unstable traffic. I'm real familiar and comfortable with the 210 and 110.

So the ride roster is:
bruce (be) on his '02 750
Eric (fleedatz) and Niqui on Eric's '01 750
Nick (speeddog) on his '02 S4

highly likely:
108 on his S4R
Kev on his 620

uncommitted:
spaceman
david (supafly)

This is going to be really good. ;D

S

·
0 Posts
SpeedDog, Nice of you to put me on the roster (uncommited??). I had recently moved so did not have high speed internet for a while (coz i am too lazy to dial up ;D)

I am game for saturday (although i have been up there too many times ::) ::)) yet there are things to learn. So i guess its the chevron on the corner of sunset, this saturday. OKEy.
C you all, Monsters Inc. ;D

-Spaceman.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
108 & Speed,
Can you guys meet me along the way? Why don't you guys take 210W, get off at Fair Oaks Ave. "South" exit, then go south for a couple of miles. I will be at the gas station (76?) on the northeast corner of Fair Oaks Ave. and Glenarm. We can then continue south on Fair Oaks to the onramp for the 110S. How about meeting at Fair Oaks/Glenarm at 8:30a.m.? Let me know what you think.

T

·
0 Posts
Hello gentlemen....I've been participating in another thread "Bad DNA Bad" regarding my new S4R's leaking battery, etc. Another friend w/ a Foggy suggested I explore more of the site.

With that in mind, I thought I'd ask if your group is open to a new-comer? Since I have my bike back from service w/ a Yuasa in there, I can at least ride while we negotiate a reasonable solution to the afore-mentioned cluster w/ Big D and DNA....and /or wait for problems w/ this battery.

I'm in O.C., but I haven't ridden Malibu Canyon or Mulholland for years...thought this opp would be perfect. RSVP - Ted

M

·
0 Posts
*Sigh*

Not wanting to be the subject of another thread like "Should We Kick Him Out of the Group" (http://www.ducatimonster.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=NMC;action=display;num=1058962415) - I think I will have to pass...

With only 3 weeks of riding experience on the Duc (and 6 mo. exp. total), I'm doing good (I think) but with the whole riding-within-your-limits thing in mind, guess I'll have to wait on the group ride until after I explore the twisties and esses on my own... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
WOw it's looking like we will have quite a group. I'm bringing my girl with me so I wont be "tearing up the asphalt" with her holding on. So I don't see any reason for anyone to shy away from this small little ride. There will be plenty of us "riding within our limits." I've never been on this road either..so it's new to me. I've been riding streetbikes on and off for a few years now, but I'm by no means a master. I used to ride dirtbikes and such, and I still have lots of respect (fear) of being thrown down on the concrete. Point being..I'm slow..haha!

I assume everyone would agree eh?

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
I'm with 108, the more the merrier. Everyone can ride at their own pace.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts