Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Where is it possible to look at good on-line pics of Road Racing gear, get some prices, and some decent service?

Road Racing web site is under construction and I am keen to see what trays they have for my S4.

Thanks.
Stefan

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
try checking out stuart's website www.spareshack.com... he carries a bunch of the roadracing stuff including the "alien" bits for the s4. another option is to surf through ferracci.com as fast by ferracci is a u.s. distributor of their stuff. but order from stuart. his prices will be much sweeter than fbf's.

speaking of spareshack, just gotta post some praise on yet another great deal/transaction. picked up a dualheadlight setup and not only was it a great deal, but shipping took one week from the UK to mass. score!

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
"Fast By Ferracci" imports Road Racing products (motostrano.com gets there Road-Racing products from FBF).
http://www.Ferracci.com/

BUT I order a "Road-Racing" seat cowl & some other parts for my project bike and I'm not real happy with the quality of the items. The aluminum on the cowl is very thin, their polish job sucks and the mounting hole where off-set by over a 1/4".:mad:

The rear master-cylinder cover I order came in with the words "Road-Racing" stamped across the front (which in fine, but not what I order).:-/

My order took 6 weeks from FBF, and I was told theres normally a 6 to 8 weeks back order on Road Racing products.

Besides the quality issues I had, there products look great... Good Luck!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Road Racing stuff looks great in the catalog but is a major disappointment once you get them in your hands.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
The Road Racing stuff looks great in the catalog but is a major disappointment once you get them in your hands.

I'd have to agree with that... just received a RoadRacing engine fairing... what a flimsy piece of garbage. No instructions, the pieces don't even fit together... they provide a bracket that is supposed to match up with two holes in the cowl... and the holes are drilled too wide. Nice quality control. The RoadRacing factory must be right next door to a winery.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Why Road Racing clip-ons? The Cycle Cats are far better... seriously, this Road Racing engine fairing is my first and last experience with that company...

·
Registered
210 Posts
I was going with the Road Racing bars because of how they mount. I want a clip on that mounts above the triple tree and I don't want to have to slide the forks up. I also like how they cover up the bolt holes from the handlebar risers.
I really like all of the Cycle Cat stuff and plan on using one of their shift levers to reverse my shift pattern.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I see... any particular reason you want to mount them above the triple clamp? The bar risers mount below, but the height is perfect. Way adjustable, too... How much are the Road Racing clip ons?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Those look nice. Rizoma parts seem much nicer than Road Racing.... they actually fit without having to redrill holes, etc...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Magnus, your bike looks great!! The Road Racing clip ons list for 228.00. My bike is a M750 with the coffin style master cylinders, will there be any clearence problems with the Cycle Cat bars ?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Hey, thanks memonstro!

Mine doesn't the coffin style resevoirs, but I don't think you'll have a problem. Just check with Cycle Cat.... or somewhere here will be familiar.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I checked the Cycle Cat site to see how their bars mounted. They mount below the clamp but the bars are above. I don't want anything below the clamp because I'm afarid the bars will be too low.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I was a little worried about that too... but with the risers they are well above the triple clamp. Definately not too low... and the Cycle Cats are more adjustible than any other solution...

·
Registered
426 Posts
>will there be any clearence problems with the Cycle Cat bars ?

Make sure you ask for the special coffin master cylinder spacers and there won't be any problem. There are lots of options out there. Unfortunately that means one or another might feel right to you and if it doesn't your tough out of luck. The Cycle Cat stuff has one thing going for it that no one can quite match adjustability. With the risers built in angle adjustment there is a 0 to 8 degree adjustment that covers any bodies needs. Once adjusted to suit you there are no slotted holes or bulky brackets to get in the way. Since the riser clamps to the tube the rotational angle is adjustable as well something the Rizomas for example aren't. There is no one right position it would be nice if they could all be custom made to suit each one of us. Since that isn't going to happen for most of us having a usable range of adjustment is the next best thing.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I was going with the Road Racing bars because of how they mount. I want a clip on that mounts above the triple tree and I don't want to have to slide the forks up. I also like how they cover up the bolt holes from the handlebar risers.
I really like all of the Cycle Cat stuff and plan on using one of their shift levers to reverse my shift pattern.

Not adjustable at all... The setup is perfect for me, but if it doesn't fit your ergonomics than that's too bad...
Personally I'm very satisfied with the RR brand.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts