Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like we've got a lot of eyes out there watching the roads.

So, if you find delays, crap in the road, lousy road conditions, or anything deserving, post them up here.

Just make sure you update the spot/issue as conditions change.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
From Emily today:

Emily said:
Another warning for toll road riders today... Going in the westbound lanes, about a mile before Whiele, there are several large bags of trash scattered across all four lanes as of 1230. It should make a nice big backup by rush hour, even though cars can make it through just fine. On a bike, however, I don't think it will be so easy to navigate. It's more to the left than the right as it is now. I'm going to call it into the :police: but it might still be there later on.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
watch the layered leaves in low laying areas...the wet layer underneath the dry one can be quite dangerous...just a general FYI in all areas!

·
Registered
523 Posts
I thought about creating this separate post when Emily's orange extension cord disappeared from 267W this morning, but didn't think people would care for stickies. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
307 Posts
Greatest road hazard in Clarendon--PEOPLE.

I know it's only a 620 but it will still run you over. Get outta my way!

Why do they look at you first, then step right front of you, then yell at you to slow down?

Grrr.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
dsullenb said:
Greatest road hazard in Clarendon--PEOPLE.

I know it's only a 620 but it will still run you over. Get outta my way!

Why do they look at you first, then step right front of you, then yell at you to slow down?

Grrr.
get louder pipes and gas the mess out of it when they step in front of you....it is fun to watch em do that frenetic retarded "I gotta get the hell outta the way" dance!.....or maybe they just do that when they see my road warrior lookin bike doin it!

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
i would like to report delays on all roads in the NOVA area at most times any day of the week. [cheeky]

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hey Eric, is there a reason why you changed your screen name to roadrash?

roadrash said:
i would like to report delays on all roads in the NOVA area at most times any day of the week. [cheeky]

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
dsullenb said:
Hey Eric, is there a reason why you changed your screen name to roadrash?
was bored last night and my old name just seemed plain. plus i do have permanent roadrash on parts of my body from years past.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
roadrash said:
was bored last night and my old name just seemed plain. plus i do have permanent roadrash on parts of my body from years past.
Fair enough, although it causes replies to PMs to refer to you in third person. Damn members changing their screen names. ;D

Chris

<end threadjack>

·
Registered
523 Posts
267W & E

The leftmost lane no longer splits into two EZ-Pass-only lanes at the big toll plaza. Now the TWO leftmost lanes go straight through their own EZ-Pass-only scanners. W00t!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Chunk of ashphalt or something in the middle of the left lane, 795 north, about a mile in from the beltway. Its centered in the lane and makes my bike fly and scares the crap out of me when I forget about it.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Loads of gravel as you come up to the main toll plaza on 276 East. It covered a good 3 or 4 lanes as you gettign ready to leave the Dulles toll.

·
Registered
817 Posts
desmo_drum said:
Chunk of ashphalt or something in the middle of the left lane, 795 north, about a mile in from the beltway. Its centered in the lane and makes my bike fly and scares the crap out of me when I forget about it.
haha, that bump is no joke! I hit it once one handed after a long day of riding and almost lost it. Some scary stuff when you are going 65+ :eek:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Dead raccoon over blind hill on northbound side (too narrow to call it a "lane") of VA 688 just south of US 17. Vultures working on it, but it's still pretty big. Moist, too. Also, there's a lot of gravel at the intersection of 688 and 17, so watch out. [cheeky]

·
Registered
355 Posts
Don't forget that it's deer mating season. Once you get out of the 'burbs (and sometimes even close in), Bambis are everywhere. I had one sprint across the road right in front of me on the way out of Great Falls (MD side) yesterday evening. And based on the stories my buds in the Porsche Club have told, there must be some kinda deer singles bar out at Summit Point ~~ people seem to whack 'em out there all the time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Genuine said:
267W & E

The leftmost lane no longer splits into two EZ-Pass-only lanes at the big toll plaza. Now the TWO leftmost lanes go straight through their own EZ-Pass-only scanners. W00t!
Yea they finally got it right [thumbsup]

·
Registered
523 Posts
Venison popsicle on the left side of the spur just before 267E dumps onto 66E, about where the authorized vehicles and buses can exit to West Falls Church. It wasn't bloated or fly-infested when I crawled past it after work yesterday.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts