Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, we tried installing some Rizoma turn signals this weekend to my friends '01 900 monster S.

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
No one at all has installed rizoma turn signals ?????

We got an equalizer and installed it with the rear set of signals and stock front signals and everything worked fine. Then wired up the new front signals and all the turn signals came on but did not blink.

So we got another equalizer and wired that into the front turn signals, now they blink at the correct speed, but no matter which turn signal you turn on they ALL flash at once.. argh!!!!!

The turn signals have three wires each, one of each is not used (yellow). The equalizers have three wires, one black and two purple. Anyone have a clue please help before we fly to italy and strangle someone from rizoma with these things! :)

·
Registered
600 Posts
I installed these not too long ago.

The only thing that puzzled me was that the Rizomas (LED) have 3 wires whereas the stock signals have 2. But they worked. I have them only in the front. They blink faster than stock, but no problems at all.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
We have the same ones, the issue is when you add a 2nd set for the rear, thanks though :)

·
Registered
600 Posts
We have the same ones, the issue is when you add a 2nd set for the rear, thanks though :)
OMG... I'm currently waiting for another 2 (for the rear) to ship. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I installed front and rear LED turn signals (not Rizoma) and found the easiest way to get all 4 to work properly (which was recommended somewhere else on this board) is to wire a set of the original signals under the seat. I split the rear turn signal wires to go to both the external LED signals and the stock bulb and bulb holder which fit nicely under the seat. This provides enough resistance on both the right and left side so the signals operate as if a bulb is not functioning on each side and the LEDs end up blinking at the faster than normal rate.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the tip, that does seem really weird that it would help as the whole issue with LED turn signals is they have a VERY high resitance which in turn causes the high speed flash similar to a bulb being out, as of course if a bulb goes the resistance is infinate.

We are going to play around with the grounding of the equalizers and see what happens.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
That's a great tip on wiring a set of bulbs under your seat... I never thought of that, but it makes perfect sense.
I'll be swapping out my fronts with a pair of LED's shortly, so I'll keep this in mind if the resistance is too low once I take the stock units off.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I think you need the resistor kit. There is a wiring diagram with them (I heard).
The exp0lanation I got is ...
Rizoma uses bulbs that are manufactured for the European market. You know .... your a pee on I'm a pee on.
ANyway, I bought thoes exotic dual headlamps and the main bulbs are "availiable here but not to easy to get" is what I was told.
Hate to say it but you may have the same problem getting replacement bulbs.

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
already have the resistor kit which is what I was calling an equalizer. The wiring works for one set, but you add a 2nd set or a 2nd resistor and it stops working :mad:

If you need bulbs I can probably get them, my family still lives in England :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts