Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put these on their Monster? I'm considering either the Tomok mirrors or the naked prototype for my 696. Would love to see some pictures of the Tomok's on a bike before spending the $.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Has anyone put these on their Monster? I'm considering either the Tomok mirrors or the naked prototype for my 696. Would love to see some pictures of the Tomok's on a bike before spending the $.
They look pretty slick but a little small. It was hard at first but I got used to it. Thinking about selling mine. Check out bikes of the dml thread. i posted a picture there. the very last black s4rs. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I was in the same boat....after losing out on a nice pair of tomaks on the fleabay, I went with the prototypes. Scooped them from a a sponser that sells monster parts ;).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the pictures, 2 sick bikes no question. Burns I like what you've done with the 1100. I might opt for the naked prototype based on the extra size. how's life without the windscreen? is it a big difference?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have logged about 4K miles with the windscreen on and off randomly on various types of roads (highway, city, Blue Ridge Parkway) and I don't think it makes much of a difference. I'm sure the benefit or lack there of depends on body type, riding style/angle, etc.

It's so easy to remove, you might want to give it a go and see if you can tell any difference.

Rich and Swank - great bikes!

·
Registered
579 Posts
The prototypes look good. Are the functional? How are they compared to the stock? I was looking for a mirror that doesn't stick out to much, but would be able to give me a good view. My arm covers half the stock and I just returned the spy r mirrors because they were the size of a half dollar.

Can you guys suggest a top three rizoma mirrors?

·
Registered
94 Posts
The prototypes look good. Are the functional? How are they compared to the stock? I was looking for a mirror that doesn't stick out to much, but would be able to give me a good view. My arm covers half the stock and I just returned the spy r mirrors because they were the size of a half dollar.

Can you guys suggest a top three rizoma mirrors?
I have rizoma arrows mirrors, they are awesome. I'm not a big fan of the retro style mirrors where they are just circles. Visibility is amazing, way better than stock cause my shoulders covered the whole mirror, and little to no vibration to them. Very happy with these mirrors!!

Attachments

·
Registered
579 Posts
Thanks for the tips guys but I got my mirror almost a year ago.

Easy: I was looking at the arrows, but they are made by CRG or CGR. Something like that. Great product, but I love Rizoma and every mod I get I want to be Rizoma so it matches.
I agree with you that my priory is 1: Functionally 2: Quality 3: Looks.

This is how my bike looks after a year. I still need to do somethings, but I like it so far. Plus I have both silver and black panels so if I get bored I can change the color.

IMG_0205 by riley3245, on Flickr

IMG_0177 by riley3245, on Flickr

1 - 12 of 12 Posts